Today we are making something special using the Instant Pot - Our own homemade tabasco sauce!
This recipe is super easy and require only 3 ingredients, so you can get a delicious spicy sauce in less than 20 minutes.
This sauce is a smoky and chili sauce. You can have it with different food item. It is more sizzling with grilled chicken.
Table of Contents
What kind of pepper to use?
You can use Fresno peppers or Cayenne peppers.
What kind of salt to use?
You an use regular salt and get an amazing recipe. If you are feeling fancy, replace it with smoked sea salt.
For how long can I keep it in the fridge?
You can put it in a jar or in a small bottle and keep the tabasco sauce in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Can I freeze it?
Yes. You can freeze the tabasco sauce for up to 3 months.
This tabasco is much better than the store-bought one, so you can enjoy a healthier and tastier version of this lovely sauce.
What to eat with Tabasco Sauce?
In fact... everything! Some examples:
More recipes you gonna like
Instant Pot Jalapeno Cheese Dip
Instant Pot Tabasco Sauce
- 12 oz fresh hot peppers Fresno, Jalapeno, Cayenne or any type you like
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon salt or smoked sea salt
- Chop the peppers and remove their stems.
- Press "saute" and place the peppers in the Instant Pot.
- Saute the peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and the apple cider vinegar to cover the peppers and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 2 minutes.
- When cooking tiem is complete, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Open the lid, blend all the contents and strain the mixture into the jar.
- Eat or keep for later 🙂
5 thoughts on “Instant Pot Tabasco Sauce”
Was wondering if the sauce and be canned to give it longer shelf life ?
Absolutely! With the high vinegar content, this would be good for canning. If done properly and stored in a cool dark place, it should last for a year unopened.
I love Hot Sauce. What kind of Hot Peppers did you use? There are so many to choose. Looking to give this a try!
Sounds wonderful! I love Hot Tabasco sauce. What kind of peppers are you using? I put hot sauce and n everything. Can’t wait to try it!
I've made this several times, but I believe these were fresno peppers. Let me know which you choose to use and how it turns out!