Looking for an healthy chicken dish? Try out this Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Breasts! It's easy and great for light dinner for the whole family!
This dish is really simple to make and
For this Instant Pot chicken breast recipe I'm using only 1 tablespoon of oil, and yet the chicken is tender and flavorful!
Table of Contents
Can I use frozen chicken?
It's better to use a fresh one, so we can saute the chicken before the pressure cooking.
But don't worry, if you have a frozen chicken and don't have time for thawing, just make this Instant Pot frozen chicken recipe.
Can I use turkey?
If you want to make turkey, I have a special recipe for you :] Check out this Instant Pot Turkey Breast.
Which side dish to use?
This Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Breasts can be served with Jasmine rice, brown rice, quinoa or even farro.
You can also use the chicken breast to make Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas or Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl.
Instant Pot Caramelized Chicken
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
Instant Pot Steamed Garlic Chicken Breasts
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon basil dried
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balck pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano
- to taste salt
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Put the olive oil and seasoned chicken in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Sauté for 5 minutes and take out the chicken.
- Place a trivet in the Instant Pot and add the water. Then place the chicken pieces on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- When the float valve drops, dish out in a serving bowl and top with dried oregano and basil.
4 thoughts on “Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Breasts”
I think maybe you forgot to say, "Add water to pot" in step 4. Otherwise, looks like a good recipe!
Thanks for mentioning that! I will update the recipe.
I have lots of fresh garlic. How can I adjust the recipe to use them?
It is possible to cook the chicken with whole garlic cloves. I would add it in step 4, when you add the chicken back to the pot. If you add it in saute mode, it will burn.