Looking for a tasty recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Leg Quarters? You have come to the right place!
The recipe will be great for all chicken lovers. Using the pressure cooker method makes chicken leg quarters really moist and tender so even your picky eater children will love them!
And the best part is, they’re so simple and require only a handful of ingredients! This recipe is super flexible allowing you to customize it with whatever spices and seasonings you desire.
- Do I Need to Broil the Chicken Leg Quarters?
- Can I Use Skin-On Chicken Pieces?
- Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
- Can I use Water Instead of Broth?
- What Should I Serve Them With?
- Can I use chicken breast?
- Can I use Frozen Chicken Legs?
- How Can I get a crispy skin?
- How to make chicken quarters
- Want More Instant Pot Recipes with chicken?
- Instant Pot Chicken Leg Quarters
Do I Need to Broil the Chicken Leg Quarters?
It's not mandatory, but I really recommend you broil the chicken after cooking in the pressure cooker. This will turn the outer layer nice and crispy, but the meat underneath will still be just as juicy and moist, thanks to your Instant Pot.
If you don’t have those, no need to worry! Just place the chicken in the oven or toaster oven under the broiler setting. That way you will get tender and crispy chicken that all your guests are going to like!
Can I Use Skin-On Chicken Pieces?
This recipe calls for skinless chicken leg quarters because chicken skin turns quite soggy when cooked in the Instant Pot. However, if you are going to air fry or broil the chicken at the end of the recipe, you can keep the skin on if you want to.
Broiling or air frying the chicken at the end of the recipe will turn the skin from soggy to crisp, while the insides still remain tender and juicy.
Another reason to remove the skin is that it’s not the healthiest part of the chicken—it’s almost all fat—so it’s a healthier option to remove the skin.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
Yes, you can use bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe or chicken legs! Both are amazing options for diversifying this recipe and utilizing whatever you have on hand.
I do recommend using bone-in chicken quarters (or thighs, or legs) as opposed to boneless, because cooking chicken on the bone keeps it juicy and gives it extra flavor.
Can I use Water Instead of Broth?
Yes, if you don’t have chicken broth, you could also use water. Use 1 cup of water instead of 1 cup of chicken broth.
However, I highly recommend using broth if you can, because it gives a lot more flavor.
If you use water instead of broth, I would add extra salt and pepper along with other spices to enhance the flavor of the chicken.
What Should I Serve Them With?
You can serve this Instant Pot Chicken Leg Quarters recipe with roasted veggies, boiled potatoes, cooked rice, or drizzle them with your favorite BBQ sauce and enjoy alone.
Can I use chicken breast?
If you wanna pressure cook chicken breasts, check out these recipes:
Can I use Frozen Chicken Legs?
Sure. If you do so, cook for 30 minutes instead of 20. Then do a quick release as usual.
How Can I get a crispy skin?
You have 2 options:
1. Cover with the Air Fryer Lid and broil at 375 °F for 5 minutes on each side.
2. Put in the oven and broil at 375 °F for 5 minutes on each side.
How to make chicken quarters
Gather your ingredients:
Insert a trivet into your Instant Pot. Pour in the chicken stock.
Place the chicken in a bowl and season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Place the chicken leg quarters on the trivet.
Lock the lid into place.
Select High Pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
Once the cooking cycle is done, do a quick pressure release.
Transfer the chicken leg quarters on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
Set under a preheated broiler or place inside the Air Fryer Lid and broil for 5 minutes per side.
Want More Instant Pot Recipes with chicken?
If you like this recipe, try these delicious Instant Pot chicken drumsticks.
This Instant Pot lemon chicken is another great option.
The most popular chicken recipe on Corrie Cooks is the Instant Pot orange chicken.
Instant Pot Chicken Leg Quarters
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 skinless chicken leg quarters
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a trivet in the bottom of Instant Pot and pour the broth.
- Season the chicken leg quarters with garlic powder, and salt and black.
- Place the chicken leg quarters on top of the trivet in a single layer.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the lid, take out the chicken leg quarters and coat with olive oil.
- Place in a single layer and broil for 5 minutes on each side.For this step you can use the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid, Mealthy Crisplid, Ninja Foodi or the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂