This Instant Pot Cashew Chicken is just as good as your favorite Chinese restaurant. It is super easy to make, flavorful, and can be made in the comfort of your home.
The Instant Pot will ease the process of the cooking while making the chicken juicy and tender. For this recipe, you can use skinless and boneless chicken thighs, chicken breast, or any other part of the chicken. This recipe does not call for a lot of liquid, since every pound of chicken will release 1/2 to 1 cup of liquid itself.
You can place the chicken on the trivet and cook it that way. If you do so, cook the chicken for 5 more minutes.
For this recipe, it is best to use cashews, but if you want you can use other types of nuts like almonds or peanuts.
If you like this recipe, you gonna love this Instant Pot orange chicken.
How to make Cashew Chicken
Gather your ingredients:
Remove the skin from the chicken and cut into bite-size pieces. Place the chicken into the Instant Pot. Add ketchup, garlic, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Stir well to coat the chicken and lock lid into place. Set to High pressure. Adjust the timer to 6 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
Whisk cornstarch and water in a bowl. Pour the slurry over the chicken.
Cook on Saute until gently thickened. Add cashews and stir to combine.
Serve topped with sliced spring onion.
- 1.5 lb boneless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 0.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 3/4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Spring onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Clean and cut the chicken - Remove excess fat or skin (if there any) from the chicken and cut it into bite-size pieces (Or ask the butcher to do it for you).
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot and add salt, pepper, soy sauce, lemon juice, ketchup, garlic, ginger and brown sugar. Stir well to combine.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- In a cup, mix cornstarch with water and pour it over the chicken.
- Cook on "saute" for a few minutes until thickened.
- Stir in cashews and cook on "saute" for 2 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks