Sometimes your body asks you for something healthy. In those cases, I like to make these pressure cooker steamed vegetables.
It’s really easy and can be added to any meal as a healthy side dish or even alone as a light dinner.
This recipe is easy and delicious and you can have it on less than 10 minutes.
What vegetables to use?
If you gonna use carrots, add 1 minute for the cooking time.
Can I make vegan steamed vegetables?
Sure. For a vegan recipe, just leave out the butter.
Do I need a steamer basket for this recipe?
Usually, I’m using my steamer basket on these kinds of recipes. But I got some comments from users who are just starting out with the Instant Pot and don’t have all the fancy accessories yet.
So I decided to make this Instant Pot steamed vegetables recipe inside the pot, to show you that it’s possible.
What if I wanna use a steamer basket?
If you DO prefer a steamer basket, just follow these simple instructions:
1. Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot.
2. Place the steamer basket on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
3. Place the vegetables inside the basket
4. Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
5. Do a quick pressure release and serve.
What’s the best steamer basket?
In my opinion, these are the best out there:
For more info just check out our Instant Pot steamer basket guide.
Instant Pot healthy recipes
- 1/2 lb green bean
- 1/2 lb yellow bean
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add water in the Instant Pot
- Place the vegetables in the Instant Pot and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, add butter, stir a bit and let it melt completely.
- Serve and enjoy. Feel free to add salt and pepper to taste.