Sometimes your body asks you for something healthy. In those cases, I like to make these pressure cooker Steamed vegetables.
It’s really easy and can be added to any meal as a healthy side dish or even alone as a light dinner.
If you gonna use carrots, add 1 minute for the cooking time. For a vegan recipe, just leave out the butter.
Usually, I’m using my steamer basket on these kinds of recipes. But I got some comments from users who are just starting out with the Instant Pot and don’t have all the fancy accessories yet. So I decided to make these veggies inside the pot, to show you that it’s possible.
If you DO prefer a steamer basket, you have a few options:
1. Stainless steel steamer basket
2. Silicone Steamer Basket (Use coupon code CSNR7OKG for 5% off)
3. Any steamer basket that fits your Instant Pot.
- 1/2 lb green bean
- 1/2 lb yellow bean
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add water in the instant pot.
- Place the vegetables in the instant pot (or on the steamer basket) and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Close the lid of the instant pot and cook at high pressure for 2 minutes.
- After cooking ends, release the pressure quickly through the steam vent.
- Open the lid, add butter, stir a bit and let it melt completely.
- Serve and enjoy. Feel free to add salt and pepper to taste.