Instant Pot Vietnamese Chicken Curry
- 1 1/2 lb chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 13.5 oz coconut milk
- 3 potatoes peeled and cut into large bite size pieces
- 1/2 onion dices
- 2 1/1 tbsp Madras Yellow Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass cut into 3 inch pieces and pounded
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp chopped bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
- cilantro to garnish
Add Madras curry powder, kosher salt, garlic cloves, grated ginger and chicken thighs in a large bowl. Marinate for about an hour.
Add coconut oil in the inner pot of Instant pot and sauté for about 2 minutes.
Add marinated chicken in the Instant pot and cook for about 5 minutes.
Now, add onions and sauté for about 3 minutes.
Then, add flour and sauté for about 3 more minutes. Mix well.
Add coconut milk, madras curry powder, fish sauce, sugar, bay leaf and lemongrass. Mix well.
Close the lid and press the “Manual” button.
Cook for about 2 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
Open the lid and add potatoes and carrots.
Then, again close the lid and press the “Manual” button.
Cook for about 4 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
Open the lid, dish out and garnish with cilantro.
Serve and enjoy!
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks :)