It is a soupy creamy curry rich in flavour and taste. Chicken and spices added to it enhance its taste. Everyone will love this.
- 1 1/2 lb chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 13.5 oz coconut milk
- 3 potatoes peeled and cut into large bite size pieces
- 1/2 onion dices
- 2 1/1 tbsp Madras Yellow Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass cut into 3 inch pieces and pounded
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp chopped bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
- cilantro to garnish
- Add Madras curry powder, kosher salt, garlic cloves, grated ginger and chicken thighs in a large bowl. Marinate for about an hour.
- Add coconut oil in the inner pot of Instant pot and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken in the Instant pot and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now, add onions and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Then, add flour and sauté for about 3 more minutes. Mix well.
- Add coconut milk, madras curry powder, fish sauce, sugar, bay leaf and lemongrass. Mix well.
- Close the lid and press the “Manual” button.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Open the lid and add potatoes and carrots.
- Then, again close the lid and press the “Manual” button.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Open the lid, dish out and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.