Looking for a tasty chicken main dish, just like you your favorite restaurant? This is the recipe for you!
This Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken is better than takeout and you can have it in less than 10 minutes using your Instant Pot.
Juicy chicken, sweet pineapple, in a delicious homemade sauce! Sweet and savory combine in this dish, and bring you incredible flavor.
- Can I use canned pineapple?
- What is so special about this Pineapple Chicken recipe?
- Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken Recipe Video
- Can I use anything else instead of chicken?
- How to thicken the sauce?
- What to do with the leftovers?
- Can I use pre-cook the chicken?
- How to serve?
- How to make Pineapple Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Can I use canned pineapple?
Yes. Canned pineapple chunks, sliced or even crushed all work great.
If you are a fan of fresh pineapple feel free to chop it up and use that as well.
The only thing is I use the juice and all with can so added pineapple juice would be needed.
What is so special about this Pineapple Chicken recipe?
The best part of all is this chicken recipe requires basic everyday ingredients. And yet, it tastes wonderful!
Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken Recipe Video
Can I use anything else instead of chicken?
If you want to try this recipe with any other meat, you can try our Instant Pot Pineapple Shrimp.
How to thicken the sauce?
I use cornstarch slurry that I pour in at the end and stir.
It will then slowly begin to thicken as it warms up.
Then after a while, you get a really thick and flavorful sauce that sticks to pineapple and the chicken.
What to do with the leftovers?
I hardly believe that there’d be any but it is a fantastic Instant Pot freezer meal to get set up for later in the month.
I pull this out on nights I know I need a hands-off approach to dinner.
Can I use pre-cook the chicken?
You can use leftover pre-cooked chicken if you have some on hand.
Just make sure the chicken is mellow in flavor so it doesn’t overpower the other ingredients used.
How to serve?
Here are some great options for side dishes:
If you are in a low-carb diet, you can also try:
How to make Pineapple Chicken
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Take a blender & blend some pineapple in it.
After you blend the pineapples, get your Instant Pot and add chicken pieces, previously chopped garlic, and onions to it.
To enhance the taste, let’s add some shredded ginger too.
Add in the pineapple chunks.
Now we’ll add some brown sugar.
Let’s add some rice vinegar.
Okay, let’s add the blended pineapple juice.
Now it’s the turn for soy sauce!
How can we forget the Sriracha sauce!?
Last but not the least, let’s add ketchup.
Mix all the ingredients well now, cover the pot and set it to High Pressure for 6 minutes.
Do a Quick Release and mix in some cornstarch to thicken up the sauce.
Dish out & enjoy 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot
- 1 pineapple cut into1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water for the pineapple
- 2 lb chicken breasts 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger shredded
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Blend half of the pineapple with some water.
- Add chicken, garlic, ginger, onion, pineapple cubes, brown sugar and rice vinegar to the Instant Pot.
- Add pineapple juice, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, and ketchup and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Add cornstarch and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂