Yes, you can make a whole chicken in your Instant Pot 🙂
This dish can fulfill all of your appetites with its delicious and special taste. The whole chicken looks festive and it is more budget-friendly rather when buying chicken pieces individually.
This whole chicken is gluten free and ketogenic and it's a wonderful option for your next dinner.
It's so easy to make using your Instant Pot, and it takes only 40 minutes!
Why use the Instant Pot?
When making chicken in a traditional way, in the oven, it can take really long time. With the Instant Pot, you will have a rotisserie spiced chicken in only 40 minutes. It is quite easy to make, and especially great during hot days, as you will avoid using the oven which makes your kitchen even hotter than it should be.
Why should I use chicken stock?
2 reasons why we are using chicken stock for this Instant Pot Whole Chicken recipe:
1. To make the chicken juicier.
2. To make gravy.
While the chicken is cooking in the Instant pot, with the development of the heat and pressure, its natural fat will start to drip onto the chicken stock. This way not only that you will have the perfectly cooked chicken, but also some gravy on the side.
How to serve
Any leftovers can be used to make delicious chicken salad, or you can just toss them with some lettuce and halved cherry tomatoes.
You can also add this Instant Pot gravy on top.
Can I broil the chicken after cooking?
Sure! If you have the Air Fryer Lid, just place it and BROIL for at 375 °F for 5-15 minutes.
You can use the oven as well.
How to make
Gather your ingredients:
In a bowl, combine thyme, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and some pepper.
Season the chicken with salt, all over and inside the cavity. Rub the chicken with the spice mix.
On Saute, heat oil in the Instant Pot.
Sear chicken for 3 minutes per side.
Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot. Pour in the chicken stock and insert a trivet. Place the chicken on top of a trivet.
Lock the lid into a place.
Select Manual or pressure cook and set to high pressure.
Cook the chicken for 28 minutes.
Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a natural pressure release, for 10 minutes. Let the chicken rest before carving.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Thanksgiving recipes
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2.5 pounds whole chicken neck and giblet removed
- 1 lemon halved
- ½ cup chicken stock
- In a bowl, mix together thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub the chicken with the spice mixture.
- Stuff the chicken with a halved lemon.
- Press "saute" and add olive oil.
- Add the chicken and saute for 5 minutes until brown on all sides.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot.
- Pour chicken stock into the Instant Pot and place the trivet.
- Place the chicken on the trivet and close the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 28 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural release for 10 minutes and then
- Do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂