This dish can fulfill all of your appetites with its delicious and special taste. The whole chicken looks festive and it is more budget-friendly rather when buying chicken pieces individually. This whole chicken is something you must try, and not because it tastes amazing, but because it is so easy to make, all within 40 mi0nutes.
Why use Instant Pot?
When making chicken in a traditional way, in the oven, it can take really long time. With the Instant Pot, you will have a rotisserie spiced chicken in only 40 minutes. It is quite easy to make, and especially great during hot days, as you will avoid using the oven which makes your kitchen even hotter than it should be.
What about gravy?
This recipe has that one special benefit – it uses chicken stock for two reasons. The first one is to make the chicken juicy and the second one is to make gravy. While the chicken is cooking in the Instant pot, with the development of the heat and pressure, its natural fat will start to drip onto the chicken stock. This way not only that you will have the perfectly cooked chicken, but also some gravy on the side.
How to serve chicken?
Any leftovers can be used to make delicious chicken salad, or you can just toss them with some lettuce and halved cherry tomatoes.
You can always go with the paleo version of this recipe.
How to make the chicken?
Gather your ingredients:
In a bowl, combine thyme, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and some pepper.
Season the chicken with salt, all over and inside the cavity. Rub the chicken with the spice mix.
On Saute, heat oil in Instant Pot. Sear chicken, for 3 minutes per side.
Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot. Pour in the chicken stock and insert a trivet. Place the chicken on top of a trivet.
Lock the lid into a place. Select Manual and set to high pressure. Cook the chicken for 28 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a natural pressure release, for 10 minutes. Let the chicken rest before carving.
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2.5 pounds grass-fed whole chicken neck and giblet removed
- 1 lemon halved
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- In a bowl, mix together thyme and spices. Rub the chicken with the spice mixture generously.
- Stuff the chicken with a halved lemon.
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Saute”. Add the chicken and cook for about 3 minutes or until browned from all sides.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot. Insert trivet and pour in the stock. Place the chicken on the trivet.
- Cook at high pressure for 28 minutes.
- Once done, wait for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the lid and place chicken onto a cutting board for about 10 minutes before carving.
- With a sharp knife, cut chicken into desires sized pieces and serve.