Perfect one-pot meal in the Instant Pot! Tender, juicy, aromatic chicken with perfectly cooked penne pasta.
This is the easiest way to make delicious Alfredo pasta. The Instant pot will almost do the entire job. You will just have to cook the chicken as the first step and add the rest of the ingredients. Simple as that.
If you are worried that pasta may be too soggy, do not worry. The cooking time is the perfect amount of the time for a perfectly cooked al dente pasta.
This pasta with chicken is a great meal for you and the entire family. Speaking from the nutritionist side, the dish has a decent amount of protein, perfectly balanced with the carbs from the pasta.
If you are gluten-sensitive, you can use and GF pasta and if you want to limit the dairy, then use almond milk, whisked with 1 tsp cornstarch and oil instead of the butter. The best substitute for parmesan in nutritional yeast, but hard cheeses have a small amount of lactose.
If you like this one-pot pasta, you should try the Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese.
How To Make Chicken Alfredo
Gather your ingredients:
Heat half the butter in Instant Pot. Add chicken and cook on saute until no longer pink.
Add the rest of the butter, pasta and water.
Close the lid and cook the pasta on High-Pressure Setting for 4 minutes. Perform a quick pressure release and open the lid. Stir in heavy cream and parmesan. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
If the sauce is thin, simmer the pasta for 3 minutes on saute option.
Serve warm and try not to eat all at once.
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless and cubed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 box penne pasta 16 ounce
- 2 tbsp butter divided
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on the Instant Pot, select "Saute" and add 1 tbsp of butter.
- Add the chicken and cook until brown, stirring frequently.
- Add in garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add pasta, another 1 tbsp of butter and the water.
- Close the lid of the instant pot and cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.(Don't forget to set the valve to sealing)
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and stir in heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy. Feel free to sprinkle some freshly grated lemon zest on top.