A deliciously juicy and moist chicken with a great stuffing!
You can make whole chicken with stuffing easily using this Instant Pot recipe.
This buttery stuffing of breadcrumbs and herbs enhance the taste of the juicy chicken, making this dish one of the best recipes on Corrie Cooks.
The stuffed chicken is a wonderful idea for Thanksgiving or any special occasion.
How to serve?
Here are some great options for side dishes:
Instant Pot Thanksgiving recipes
If you like to make whole chicken in your pressure cooker, check out this whole chicken recipe. If you want to diversify, check out:
How can I broil the chicken?
Instant Pot Chicken and Stuffing
- 5 tablespoon butter divided
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 onion chopped fine;y
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 3 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped finely
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime zest grated
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole chicken, neck and gibbets removed around 3 lb.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 head garlic unpeeled, divided into cloves
- In a frying pan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over low heat and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the heat and transfer into a bowl.
- Set aside to cool.
- After cooling, add the breadcrumbs, egg, chopped garlic cloves, parsley, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, salt and black pepper and mix until well combined.
- Stuff the cavity of chicken with the stuffing mixture.
- Place the remaining butter and oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the stuffed chicken and saute for about 4 minutes per side.
- Press “Cancel” and arrange the chicken, breast side up.
- Pour the water and place the unpeeled garlic cloves around the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release (or for at least 20 minutes).
- Remove the lid cover with the Air Fryer Lid (or take out the chicken and place in the oven).
- Broil for 4 minutes.
- Take out the chicken and place the chicken onto a cutting board for about 10 minutes before carving.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and serve 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂