A deliciously juicy and moist chicken with a great stuffing!
This buttery stuffing of breadcrumbs and herbs enhance the taste of juicy chicken.
How to serve?
And if you are in a special mood, try to make this delicious Instant Pot Roasted Duck.
- 5 tbsp butter divided
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 onion chopped fine;y
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped finely
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lime zest grated
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Salt pepper to taste
- 1 whole chicken, neck and gibbets removed around 3 pounds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 head garlic divided into cloves (unpeeled)
- For stuffing:in a frying pan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over low heat and sauté the onion for about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer into a bowl.
- Set aside to cool.
- After cooling, add the breadcrumbs, egg onion, chopped garlic cloves, parsley, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, salt and black pepper and mix until well combined.
- Stuff the cavity of chicken with the stuffing mixture.
- Place the remaining butter and oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the stuffed chicken and sear for about 4 minutes per side.
- Press “Cancel” andarrange the chicken, breast side up.
- Pour the water and place the unpeeled garlic cloves around the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to broiler. Grease a broiler pan.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Remove the lid and place the chicken onto the broiler pan or oven or Air Fryer Lid.
- Broil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the chicken onto a cutting board for about 10 minutes before carving.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and serve.