This simple Cornish hen recipe will be a great solution if you need to quickly bake chicken, but at the same time maintain softness and juiciness. With your Instant Pot, the cooking time will be only 25 minutes.
For baking, use a whole head of garlic, you do not need to peel it, just cut it in half. Fresh thyme, lemon zest, and butter perfectly emphasize the taste of chicken meat.
If you want to get crispier, just put the meat in the oven after cooking for 10 minutes.
You can also use the remaining bones to make the broth. Simple and economy!
- 1 cornish hen
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 garlic cut in half
- 6 potatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 slices lemon
- Grease the chicken with butter and season with a mixture of salt, lemon zest, minced garlic, and fresh thyme.
- Pour the olive oil into your Instant Pot and press the “Sauté” button.
- Add your cornish hen and cook for about 3 minutes per side, until it browns.
- Add potatoes, garlic and fresh thyme.
- Cook at high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Once done, wait 5 minutes for a natural pressure release, and then set the valve to "venting" for a quick pressure release.
- Take it out and serve with the lemon slices.
If you loved this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!