The quail is popular for protein rich diet and always adds unique flavor to your meal.
Instant Pot Stunning Quail Dinner Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 (5-ounce) whole quails, cleaned and emptied and rinsed
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh thyme bunch
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken broth
- 3½-ounce bacons chopped
- 1/2 small yellow onion chopped finely
- 1/8 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Season the quails with salt and black pepper slightly.
- Stuff the cavity of quails with fresh herbs bunches.
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the bacon, onion, dried herbs, bay leaf, salt and black pepper and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Place the quails in pot, breast-side down and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until browned completely.
- Flip the side and now, place quails, breast-side up.
- Select “Cancel” and add the broth in pot.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” and “High Pressure” for about 7-9 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and carefully do a Quick release.
- Remove the lid and with tongs, transfer quails onto a plate. Then, remove the herb sprigs from cavity.
- Strain the liquid into a bowl.
- Return the broth in Instant pot and select “Sauté”.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the quail and cook for about 2 minutes, pouring the sauce over quails occasionally.
- Remove the lid and serve the quails with sauce.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.