Is it a dessert? Is it bread? No... It's Instant Pot banana bread!
This Instant Pot bread is the perfect breakfast to kick off your day with plenty of energy!
Just try a slice of this quick banana bread with your morning coffee and you’ll soon get addicted.
Baking is always a long process, but with the help of your Instant Pot, it becomes accessible and feasible even during a busy week.
This banana bread is something you must try. It is made with delicious bananas, almond flour, and brown sugar. It is very moist, soft, and it is quite similar to a cake. The bread is full of flavor and the orange zest gives a nice touch that breaks up all the sweetness and balances the aroma.
Once you prepare the bread and cook it in your Instant Pot allow it to cool completely before removing it from the baking pan. Once cooled the bread is ready for slicing and serving.
- Recipe Video
- Which bananas are the best?
- How to serve?
- What can I add?
- Can I replace the almond flour?
- Can I replace the almond milk?
- Can I replace the brown sugar?
- Do I have to use orange zest?
- Can I use apples instead?
- Can I make it vegan?
- How to get a crispy crust on the bread?
- How To Make
- Instant Pot Bread Recipes
- Instant Pot Banana Bread
Which bananas are the best?
For this recipe you should use ripe bananas for the best result.
How to serve?
*Simply as is.
*With Instant Pot Yogurt for a complete breakfast
*With butter and maple syrup.
*With walnuts or pieces of chocolate.
*With any of these spreads:
What can I add?
If you want to upgrade this recipe, feel free to add any of these mix-ins to the banana bread batter. Add it to the second bowl (step 3).
Can I replace the almond flour?
Yes! For this Instant Pot banana bread recipe you can use any flour, plain all-purpose flour or GF flour mixes.
If you are using plain flour go with 1 ¼ cup of flour.
Can I replace the almond milk?
Yes! Feel free to use water or cow milk or soy milk.
Can I replace the brown sugar?
Yes! Feel free to use plain white sugar, coconut sugar or and kind you like.
Do I have to use orange zest?
No. But it will improve the taste for sure.
Can I use apples instead?
Sure, but than you will get Instant Pot apple bread.
Can I make it vegan?
Yes! Instead of the butter use margarine or vegan butter (same amount).
The rest of the ingredients and cooking time stay the same.
How to get a crispy crust on the bread?
If you want some extra crispiness you can toast the bread for 3 minutes on 400-450°F.
This step is optional and your banana bread would still be scrumptious if you skip this part.
How To Make
Gather your ingredients:
Beat butter and brown sugar until creamy:
Add two mashed bananas and stir until smooth:
On a separate bowl, mix almond milk, flour, baking powder, orange zest, cinnamon and salt.
Transfer the mix to the first bowl and stir well:
Transfer into a greased pan and top with banana half. Cover with foil and place in the Instant Pot.
Cook for 45 minutes. When cooking cycle is complete, perform a quick pressure release and open the lid.
Take out the pan and let the bread cool down a bit.
Cut into slices and serve.
Instant Pot Bread Recipes
Instant Pot Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almond milk or regular milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 ½ ripe bananas mashed( mash just two, the banana half is for decorating and should be halved by length)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried orange zest
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup water for the Instant Pot
- In a bowl, mix butter and sugar.
- Add mashed banana and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, mix almond flour, milk, baking powder, cinnamon, orange zest, and salt.
- Add this mix to the first bowl and stir well until smooth.
- Grease a pan that fits your Instant Pot with some melted butter, and pour the batter.
- Place half a banana on top.
- Cover the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot.
- Place a trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the pan on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 45 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and take out the pan.
- Let your loaf cool before removing it from the pan.
- Cut into slices and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂