Cheesecake came from Greek cuisine (I know you didn’t know that…), and it’s a great dessert you can make using your Instant Pot or any other pressure cooker.
When I crave for something sweet, this is one of my favorite options.
If you are looking for a simple version (only 3 ingredients!) , try this Instant Pot Japanese Cheesecake.
- 1 cup graham crackers crushed
- 3 tbsp butter
- pinch salt
- 16 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp flour, all purpose
- 1 tsp vanilla extract pure
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 egg
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- strawberry jam for garnishing
- Take a bowl and add graham crackers, butter, and salt. Mix it until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Grease the pan (that fits your Instant Pot) and spread the crust mixture on the bottom and up the side of the pan evenly, let it freeze for 20 minutes.
- Take another bowl and mix sugar, cream cheese, sour cream and flour till it becomes fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla,eggs and lemon zest.
- Beat until well combined and pour this batter on the top of the crust.
- Pour 1½ cups of water into the Instant Pot and place the trivet in the bottom.
- Place the pan on the trivet and cook at high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Once done, let the pressure release naturally.
- Remove the cake from the Instant Pot and let it cool for about 1 hour.
- Pour the strawberry jam on top and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Enjoy 🙂