Cheesecake came from Greek cuisine (I bet you didn't know that...), and it's a great dessert you can make using your Instant Pot or any other pressure cooker.
When I crave for something sweet, this is one of my favorite options.
If you are looking for a simple version (only 4 ingredients!) be sure to try this Instant Pot Japanese Cheesecake too!
Can I Use Cream Cheese Spread?
You may have not realized this, (I didn’t until recently!) but cream cheese spread sold in tubs is different from cream cheese sold in bars or bricks. This is why cream cheese in a tub spreads easily right out of the fridge. It’s like margarine vs. butter.
For this Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe, make sure to buy bars or bricks of cream cheese. it is vital to achieve the best possible texture.
Can I Make this Recipe Vegan?
Because there is so much dairy in this recipe, plus eggs, I would not recommend making vegan substitutes. You could try it, but I think it would greatly change the texture.
Can I Use a Vanilla Bean?
Absolutely! Vanilla beans add flavor and visual appeal because of the tiny vanilla specks throughout.
To use a vanilla bean in place of vanilla extract, make a slice down the center to reveal all of the seeds inside. Then use a spoon or butter knife to scrape out all of the seeds into the batter. Just one vanilla bean should do the trick!
What Type of Cake Pan Should I Use?
I recommend using a small spring form pan if you have one. Spring form pans are great for cheesecakes because the depth allows the sides to grow tall and the removable sides makes it way easier to slice and serve clean slices.
The most important thing though is choosing a pan that fits in your Instant Pot. Most likely that will be a cake pan with a 6- or 7-inch diameter but could vary slightly depending on what model you have.
How Much Sugar Should I Use?
You’ll notice this recipe calls for a range of sugar—½ to ¾ cup. How much you use really is a personal preference. If you like a sweeter cheesecake, use the full amount! If you are pairing with sweet toppings, you may want to only use ½ cup.
In my opinion, a plain cheesecake is only as good as its toppings! And we have a few great recipes for that:
Instant Pot Strawberry Jam (As I used for the photos)
Diversify your Instant Pot cheesecake with a different topping each and every time 🙂
Instant Pot Cake Recipes
Instant Pot Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham crackers crushed
- 3 tablespoon butter
- pinch salt
- 16 ounce cream cheese softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract pure
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 egg
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- strawberry jam for garnishing
- Take a bowl and add graham crackers, butter, and salt. Mix it until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Grease the pan (that fits your Instant Pot) and spread the crust mixture on the bottom and up the side of the pan evenly, let it freeze for 20 minutes.
- Take another bowl and mix sugar, cream cheese, sour cream and flour till it becomes fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla,eggs and lemon zest.
- Beat until well combined and pour this batter on the top of the crust.
- Pour 1½ cups of water into the Instant Pot and place the trivet in the bottom.
- Place the pan on the trivet and cook at high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Once done, let the pressure release naturally.
- Remove the cake from the Instant Pot and let it cool for about 1 hour.
- Pour the strawberry jam on top and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Enjoy 🙂