Instant pot apple bread is loaded with fresh apples and is a healthy dessert.
The apple bread is sweet, moist, and is kind of cake-similar. Yes, you can use it as sweet bread, and pair with honey, maple syrup or salted caramel, but it also can be toasted and served with quality prosciutto.
This apple bread is so easy to make. All you have to do is to mix all the ingredients and let the Instant pot do all the job. The results are amazing – soft and moist bread with chunks of apples.
Although the recipe calls for plain flour and sugar, you can play with the ingredients. For those looking for a gluten-free option, you can use the gluten-free mix. When it comes to sugar, the brown sugar will do wonders, as well as the coconut sugar. These ingredients will not impact the texture, but will for sure make the flavor much interesting. This does not mean the apple bread is bad…it is just a classic version, and it has almost a pound-cake like a mixture with delicate apple pie spice flavor.
Of course, you have to have one thing in mind. that is choosing the key ingredients – the apples. It is a good idea to use more robust apple varieties as they will keep the shape during the cooking process. The ideal is Honey crisp, but if you find this one too pricey or cannot find, go with Ida red. Try avoiding soft apples such as Red or Golden Delicious. They are not bad but instead chunks you will end up with mushy apples.
If you like this recipe, you should try my Instant Pot Banana Bread.
How To Make Apple Bread
Gather your ingredients.
In a mixing bowl, beat egg, butter, apple pie spice mix, vanilla, and sugar.
You need to have a smooth and velvety mixture.
Peel and chop the apples.
Add the apples into the butter mixture, along with flour, and baking powder.
Transfer the mixture into a greased baking pan.
Pour one cup of water into the Instant pot. Insert trivet and place the bread onto the trivet. You can cover the bread with aluminum foil, but sometimes it may stick to the batter and ruin your top crust. If using one, make sure to grease with melted butter.
Bake the bread for 70 minutes at High Pressure. Once done, perform a quick pressure release. Cool the bread completely before slicing.
- 2 cups apples cubed and peeled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup water for the Instant Pot
- Take a mixer and mix eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla, and apple pie spice.
- Mix till the mixture becomes velvety in texture.
- Add apples, along with flour and baking powder.
- Stir with a spatula until combined. This is the best way to coat the apples with the batter.
- Grease baking pan, the one that fits your Instant pot, with some butter.
- Pour this batter in the pan and place pan on the trivet in the Instant pot.
- Add 1 cup of water in the pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 70 minutes, release the pressure quickly.
- If desired, as the last step, place the bread under the broiler for 2 minutes. Not mandatory, but it gives a nice crust.
- Cool the bread completely before slicing and serving.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks