Looking for an healthy dessert? This Instant pot apple bread is the recipe for you! It’s loaded with fresh apples and it’s perfect when you wanna enjoy something sweet and nutritious.
The apple bread is sweet, moist, and is kind of cake-similar. Yes, you can use it as sweet bread, and pair with honey, maple syrup or salted caramel, but it also can be toasted and served with quality prosciutto.
This apple bread is so easy to make. All you have to do is to mix all the ingredients and let the Instant pot do all the job. The results are amazing – soft and moist bread with chunks of apples.
Although this Instant Pot apple bread recipe calls for plain flour and sugar, you can play with the ingredients.
Can I make a gluten free bread?
Yes, for this pressure cooker apple bread you can use the gluten-free mix.
what kind of sugar should I use?
When it comes to sugar, the brown sugar will do wonders, as well as the coconut sugar or plain white sugar.
These ingredients will not impact the texture, but will for sure make the flavor much interesting. This does not mean the apple bread is bad…it is just a classic version, and it has almost a pound-cake like a mixture with delicate apple pie spice flavor.
You should have one thing in mind – choosing the key ingredients – the apples.
It is a good idea to use more robust apple varieties as they will keep the shape during the cooking process.
What Kind of Apples Should I Use?
The ideal is Honey crisp. If you can’t find it, go with Ida red.
Try avoiding soft apples such as Red or Golden Delicious. They are not bad but instead chunks you will end up with mushy apples.
Can I add a banana to the recipe?
I won’t mix them both together. If you are into bananas, you should make this Instant Pot Banana Bread.
How to serve?
This Instant Pot bread will pair perfectly with the salted caramel sauce or maple syrup.
How To Make Apple Bread
Gather your ingredients.
In a mixing bowl, beat egg, butter, apple pie spice mix, vanilla, and sugar.
You need to have a smooth and velvety mixture.
Peel and chop the apples.
Add the apples into the butter mixture, along with flour, and baking powder.
Transfer the mixture into a greased baking pan.
Pour one cup of water into the Instant pot. Insert trivet and place the bread onto the trivet. You can cover the bread with aluminum foil, but sometimes it may stick to the batter and ruin your top crust. If using one, make sure to grease with melted butter.
Bake the bread for 70 minutes at High Pressure. Once done, perform a quick pressure release. Cool the bread completely before slicing.
If you have leftovers from the Cinnamon rolls, feel free to add cinnamon on top.
- 2 cups apples cubed and peeled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup water for the Instant Pot
- Take a mixer and mix eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla, and apple pie spice.
- Mix till the mixture becomes velvety in texture.
- Add apples, along with flour and baking powder.
- Stir with a spatula until combined. This is the best way to coat the apples with the batter.
- Grease baking pan that fits your Instant pot, with some butter.
- Pour this batter in the pan.
- Add 1 cup of water in the pot.
- Place a trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the pan on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 70 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- As the last step, you can place the bread under the broiler or in the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid for 2 minutes. Not mandatory, but gives a nice crust.
- Let the bread cool down completely.
- cut into slices and serve:)