Make this mouth-watering Instant Pot strawberry jam in less than 20 minutes!
The strawberry jam has been always on a table. This sweet and delicately flavored jam is probably the most favorite jam among them all. Making the jam in an Instant pot is super easy, and within few minutes you will have a delicious jam to serve.
Pro tip: Try using this Instant Pot strawberry jam as a topping of this Instant Pot cheesecake.
Strawberries are one of the most favorite fruits in the world. I am sure the strawberries are in the top five fruits. The strawberries are well known for their color and delicately sweet taste. They are suitable for jams, you can use them in different desserts, and consume them raw.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for this Instant Pot jam.
This recipe calls for fresh strawberries, but if you have frozen ones, they will work too. Before you use the frozen strawberries, thaw them overnight in a fridge.
What else can be added?
This is a basic recipe, but to enhance flavor, you can add vanilla extract at the end of cooking.
How to improve consistency?
The cooked strawberries are very soft and you can leave the jam as it is.
The strawberries will basically fall apart. Still, if you want you can mash the strawberries with a whisk or puree using an immersion blender.
How to make strawberry jam
Gather your ingredients:
Add strawberries, lemon juice and sugar to the Instant Pot. Let the strawberries rest for 10 minutes. This will ensure the sugar extracts more strawberry juice.
Lock the lid into place. Cook on High pressure for 1 minute.
Once done, Let the pressure come down naturally for 15 minutes and then do a quick release.
Combine starch and water and stir well.
Whisk the cornstarch into the jam. Select saute and cook until thickened.
Let it cool and serve.
More Instant Pot jam recipes
Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
- 1 lb fresh strawberries hulled and halved
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon water
- Add strawberries, lemon juice and sugar to the Instant Pot. Let the strawberries rest for 10 minutes (No need to saute or pressure cooking).
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 1 minute.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural release for 15 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick release and open the lid.
- In a bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Stir until smooth.
- Open the lid and add the cornstarch slurry to the Instant Pot.
- Select “Saute” and stir continuously until the mixture is thickened.
- Turn off the Instant Pot, let it cool and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂