This soup is creamy, hearty, and delicious just like you want it to be on a cold winter night!
Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup is a classic soup recipe with real wild rice, mushrooms, celery, carrots, and seasonings.
- What is Wild Rice?
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup Recipe Video
- Is Wild Rice healthy?
- Can I add chicken?
- Do I have to pre-cook the rice?
- How long does it take to cook Wild Rice in the Instant Pot?
- How can I make my recipe gluten-free?
- What else can I add to it?
- What to Serve with Wild Rice Soup?
- How to make Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup?
- Instant Pot Healthy Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Rice Recipes
What is Wild Rice?
Despite what the name might suggest, wild Rice is actually different from the types of “Rice” we commonly consume (i.e. Brown Rice, White Rice).
If you’ve never had wild rice before, you might be surprised to know is that it’s actually a type of grass.
Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup Recipe Video
Is Wild Rice healthy?
Wild rice is very good for you.
Along with protein and fiber, it’s also got vitamin B6, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese.
Wild rice is also rich in antioxidants, protein, and contains all the essential amino acids.
So, eating wild rice and especially wild rice soup is a great way to keep your body healthy when the cold weather hits.
Can I add chicken?
Well yes, but if you really wanna do so I would recommend to go with this Instant Pot Chicken And Rice Soup recipe 🙂
Do I have to pre-cook the rice?
You don’t have to cook the wild rice separately as in some soup recipes I’ve seen out there.
You cook all together in ONE pot and you’re done with it.
How long does it take to cook Wild Rice in the Instant Pot?
Merely, 30 minutes and a natural pressure release.
So, no, it’s not done in the blink of an eye.
However, remember you don’t have to keep your hands on it!!
You don’t even have to be in the kitchen while the Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup cooks itself :]
How can I make my recipe gluten-free?
Skip the butter & flour step for the milk mixture, and just whisk some cornstarch into a saucepan with cold milk.
Heat the milk until it just barely reaches a simmer, whisking frequently, and the milk will thicken up. Once done, add it to the soup.
What else can I add to it?
Whatever works for you!
What to Serve with Wild Rice Soup?
Serve it with Crusty No-knead bread or with crackers and fresh salad.
How to make Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup?
Gather all the ingredients.
Add chopped onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and garlic into the Instant Pot.
Add Wild Rice into the pot.
Now add all the spices and vegetable broth into the Instant Pot.
Close the lid and set the pot to High Pressure for 30 minutes.
Do a Natural Release afterward.
Meanwhile, make the milk mixture:
In a small pan melt butter and mix together flour and milk.
When the natural release is complete, add the mixture to the Instant Pot
Dish out and enjoy a healthy soup!
Instant Pot Healthy Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Rice Recipes
- 5 celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 3 carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- Add mushrooms, carrots, garlic, onions and celery into the Instant Pot.
- Add in wild rice, poultry seasoning, thyme and salt.
- Add vegetable broth and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release.
- Heat butter in a small pan.
- Add flour into the melted butter.
- Add milk and stir until thickened.
- Add the milk mixture to the Instant Pot and stir well.
- serve and enjoy 🙂