Butternut squash is one of the winter squash that is harvested at full maturity and is eaten cooked. This squash has the distinction of having a subtle taste of hazelnut which is very appreciated.
Butternut squash is delicious all year round, but especially in the fall when it is freshly picked.
For this recipe I used a metal steamer basket, but feel free to use any Instant Pot steamer basket you have.
If you like butternut squash, try this amazing Instant Pot butternut squash soup.
Instant Pot Butternut SquashPrint Pin Rate
- 1 butternut squash cubed
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot.
- Place the steamer basket at the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the squash inside.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, add salt and pepper to taste and serve.