Butternut squash is one of the winter squash that is harvested at full maturity and is eaten cooked. This squash has the distinction of having a subtle taste of hazelnut which is very appreciated.
Butternut squash is delicious all year round, but especially in the fall when it is freshly picked.
For this recipe I used a metal steamer basket, but feel free to use any Instant Pot steamer basket you have.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the squash and Chop into desired size and shape.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot.
- Place the steamer basket at the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the squash on top.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and serve.
- Serve. Feel free to add salt and pepper to taste.