Easy dessert you can make in your Instant Pot in no time! Eat it as is or add some fresh fruits, ice cream, chocolate or whatever you like.
Amazing option to diversify your breakfast 🙂
How to make chocolate rice pudding?
On step 6, whisk eggs and milk with 1 tbsp cacao powder.
How to make lemon-scented Rice Pudding?
Just add 1 tsp of lemon zest into the rice during the cooking
How to make vegan rice pudding?
Remove the egg and use a full-fat coconut milk instead of plain milk. You will get the same results and a vegan-friendly dessert.
When to add cinnamon or nutmeg?
Just add it after the cooking and sprinkled on top.
Can I make it in advance?
Sure! If you prepare it in advance, just store it in the fridge until it’s time to serve. If it becomes too thick, just add a splash of milk.
How to make Rice Pudding
Gather your ingredients:
Combine Rice and Water in Instant Pot. Cook on High Pressure for 3 minutes. Release pressure naturally for 10 minutes then perform a quick pressure release.
When the cooking cycle is done, pour in half the milk and add sugar. Whisk rest of the milk with egg.
Strain the beaten egg into the rice.
Add vanilla extract. Cook on Saute until you have creamy rice pudding.
Serve the rice pudding at room temperature.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Pour water, rice and a pinch of salt into your Instant Pot.
- Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural steam release for 10 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk and sugar into the pot, and stir well.
- In a small bowl, mix another 1/2 cup of milk with whisked egg and vanilla extract to obtain a creamy texture.
- Pour the mixture into your Instant Pot and stir well to let it combine with the rice.
- Press “Saute” and cook for 3 minutes, until it starts to boil.
- Take it out and let it cool at least for 20 minutes before serving.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks