Rice pudding is a delicious and classical dessert, to be served after dinner or lunch or to be used as a sweet snack during the day. You’ll love it if you like a creamy texture and a subtle vanilla aroma. It can be tasted both hot, warm or cold, and topped with fresh or dried fruits, ice cream, chocolate or whatever sweet ingredient you’re craving for! If you prepare it in advance, just store it in the fridge until it’s time to serve it and add a splash of milk if it becomes too thick.
Pressure Cooker Rice Pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup rice
- 1½ cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Pour water, rice and a pinch of salt into your Instant Pot.
- Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Release the steam naturally, then add half of your milk and sugar.
- Stir well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of your milk with whisked eggs and vanilla extract to obtain a creamy texture.
- Pour the mixture into your Instant Pot and stir well to let it combine with rice.
- Press “Sauté” and cook for about 3 minutes, until it starts to boil.
- Let it cool at least for 20 minutes before serving or storing it in the fridge.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!