This pasta dish is not only healthy, but also filling, nutritious and really tasty! Pasta is rich in carbs, so that it’s the perfect lunch to enjoy a busy afternoon with the necessary energy and vitality.
With your Instant Pot you will have just one pan to wash and you can skip the boring step of waiting for your water to boil.
- 3 cups pasta shells
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cup boiled spinach minced
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh basil to taste minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix spinach, ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, whisked egg, salt, pepper and minced basil.
- Stuff your pasta shells with the prepared filling.
- Pour olive oil into your Instant Pot and add onion and garlic.
- Press “Sauté” and cook for 2 minutes, until onion is golden.
- Add marinara sauce, stir and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add water and stir well.
- Place your stuffed shells into the sauce and form a compact layer.
- Cook at high pressure for about 8 minutes.
- Quickly release the steam and open the lid.
- Sprinkle with the rest of your mozzarella and place the lid back on (the heat will make mozzarella melt in a couple of minutes).
- Serve immediately.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!