This chicken recipe is really good and easy to make!
You don’t have to warm the whole house to cook a nice chicken recipe. Just place it in the Instant Pot and let it do all the work for you :]
Instant Pot Caramelized Chicken Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp garlic minced finely
- 4 tbsp fresh ginger minced finely
- 3 ketchup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 8(5-ounce) chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- In a large bowl, add soy sauce, garlic, ginger, ketchup and 2 tbsp of sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and rub with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from bowl (Reserve the marinade).
- Add oil to the Instant Pot and select “Saute”.
- Add the chicken and saute for a few minutes or until browned.
- Take out the chicken and keep aside.
- Add 4 tbsp of sugar to the Instant Pot and cook until the sugar begins to melt, stirring continuously.
- Add the chicken broth and the reserved marinade to the Instant Pot.
- Scrape the brown bits from the bottom (you can use a spatula).
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot and mix a bit.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Once done, remove the lid and serve.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks