This Instant Pot caramelized chicken recipe is really good and easy to make!
We are using only simple ingredients you already have and get a tasty main dish in 15 minutes.
You don’t have to warm the whole house to cook a nice chicken recipe. Just place it in the Instant Pot and let it do all the work for you :]
How to serve
It works with almost anything! Some options:
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Caramelized Chicken
- ¼ tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoon garlic minced finely
- 4 tablespoon fresh ginger minced finely
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- In a large bowl, mix soy sauce, garlic, ginger, ketchup and 2 tablespoon sugar.
- Add chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Press "saute" and add oil.
- Add chicken (without the marinade) and saute for 5 minutes until brown.
- Take out the chicken and keep aside.
- Add 4 tablespoon of sugar to the Instant Pot and cook until the sugar begins to melt, stirring continuously.
- Add chicken broth and the reserved marinade to the Instant Pot.
- Scrape the brown bits from the bottom (you can use a spatula).
- Add the chicken and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release and open the lid.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂