This split pea soup is suitable for any meal, both at home or in your lunchbox at the office and it is ready in less than 30 minutes, thanks to your pressure cooker, that will speed up the process.
Who said simple things cannot be exquisite like restaurant dishes?
- 1 lb split peas (already soaked overnight)
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups ham diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 onion diced
- 4 bunch fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Pour olive oil into your Instant Pot and add carrots, onion, celery, thyme and bay leaves.
- Press “Sauté” and cook for about 2 minutes (until onion starts to turn golden).
- Add ham and cook for another minute, until it browns a bit.
- Add chicken broth and peas, salt and pepper.
- Cook at high pressure for about 20 minutes.
- Once done, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and serve 🙂