If you have some leftovers, a soup is always a good idea. In spring, you can reuse peas to make this easy recipe, together with ham and some fresh herbs. It is suitable for any meal, both at home or in your lunchbox at the office and it is ready in less than 30 minutes, thanks to your pressure cooker, that will speed up the process. Who said simple things cannot be exquisite like restaurant dishes?
- 1 lb split peas (already soaked overnight)
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups ham diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tbsp dried tyhme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pour olive oil into your Instant Pot and add carrots, onion, celery, thyme and bay leaves.
- Press “Sauté” and cook for about 2 minutes (until onion starts to turn golden).
- Add also ham and cook for another minute, until it browns a bit.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add water and peas.
- Cook at high pressure for about 20 minutes.
- Let the steam release naturally.
- Enjoy :]
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!