A full juicy yet tempting and hearty meal that everyone is going to enjoy.
Soaked with rich sweet-savory-balsamic vinegar & Bourbon whiskey.
No compelling reason to turn on your oven for these Instant Pot Short Ribs now!
Instant Pot Short Ribs Recipe Video
What are Short Ribs?
Bone-in short ribs come from the stomach and are a lot fattier cut of meat.
You can get the bones removed from bone-in short ribs if you want, which is how I got with this Instant Pot Short Ribs recipe.
Pro Tip: Lessen a bit of the time to cook if you are using boneless ribs.
Why use Bourbon Whiskey?
You can utilize Scotch bourbon just in case that you like it, however, whiskey is my preference over Scotch.
The taste that it leaves behind is inconspicuous, however, it truly adds to the flavor in Instant Pot Short Ribs.
Do I have to add sugar?
Be sure of your level of sweetness as you would prefer.
For me, I have added 3 tablespoons of it.
Can I add more spices?
These Instant Pot Short Ribs are cooked flawlessly in a somewhat sweet and balanced spice.
I added cayenne pepper and paprika to give these short ribs a little fiery and spicy flavor.
I’ve tried to do it to a milder level for this recipe.
In any case, go ahead and change the level of flavor & spice as you would prefer.
Why should I do Natural Release?
This recipe requires Natural Release since this aids the short ribs to complete the process of cooking and assists them with coming out delicate.
How to Serve?
Try serving these savory short ribs with:
Can I store it?
Allow the ribs to cool totally, then place in a freezer-friendly glass dish.
Allow them to defrost then at that point, just warm in a sauce dish when you’re prepared to serve them.
How to reheat?
You can warm Instant Pot Short Ribs in a pan (or utilizing the saute capacity in the Instant Pot!).
Just do not forget to add with the sauce, so they turn out delicate.
How to make Instant Pot Short Ribs?
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Season the beef with salt according to your own preference.
Saute the Instant Pot for 5 minutes and pour 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Dump the ribs and let them cook until become whitish.
Now add thyme, garlic, a pinch of salt, add in cayenne pepper, paprika, balsamic vinegar, sugar and stir well.
Add the ribs again to the Pot.
Add Thyme and a pinch of salt.
Cover the pot and set it to High Pressure for 45 minutes.
Do a Natural Release.
Take some water, add cornstarch to it, and mix it in the Instant Pot.
Dish out & serve hot 🙂
More Instant Pot recipes
- 6 lb short ribs
- salt to taste
- 1 onion sliced thickly
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash the ribs from cold water, dry them and season with salt on both sides.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté on high.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to it and saute for 5 minutes.
- Now add short ribs to the instant pot to caramelize.
- Make sure that the bottom of the instant pot is not crowded, in this way caramelization will not be good.
- Place the short ribs in a plate and repeat the process with rest of the ribs.
- Add onions, garlic cloves, and bourbon in the pot and mix well.
- Add in cayenne pepper, paprika, balsamic vinegar, sugar and stir well.
- Place short ribs in the pot and add thyme, garlic, a pinch of salt.
- Pour the stock in the instant pot and close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 45 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally.
- Remove short ribs on a plate and select sauté for 5 minutes (sauté for broth liquid present in the pot)
- Take a small bowl and mix cornstarch with water and add it in the broth.
- Mix well and let broth simmer till it’s a bit thick.
- Serve and enjoy.