This is a full yet tempting and hearty meal that everyone will enjoy. Its aroma is out of the world. this will become everyone’s favourite in no time.
Instant Pot Short Ribs Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 6 lb short ribs
- salt to season
- 1 onion sliced thickly
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Wash the ribs from cold water, dry them and season with salt on both sides.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté on high.
- When pot is hot , add 2 tablespoons of oil in it.
- After oil is hot add short 3-4 ribs in instant pot to caramelize.
- Make sure that the bottom of the instant pot is not crowded, in this way caramelization will not be good.
- Sear short ribs 3 minutes each side.
- Place the short ribs in a plate and repeat the process with rest of the ribs.
- You will be needing only 1 tablespoon of oil in the pot, discard if there is excess oil in the pot.
- Add onions and boubon in the pot and deglaze the bottom and mix well.
- Add in cayenne pepper, paprika, balsamic vinegar, sugar and stir well and press cancel.
- Place short ribs in the pot and add thyme, garlic, pinch of salt.
- Pour the stock in the instant pot and close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 45 minutes, release the pressure naturally for 15 minutes through steam vent.
- Open the lid of the instant pot.
- Remove short ribs on a plate and select sauté (sauté for broth liquid present in the pot)
- Take a small bowl and mix cornstarch with water and add it in the broth.
- Mix well and let broth simmer till it’s a bit thick.
- Transfer the ribs again in the instant pot and press cancel.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is part of the biggest FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1081 original and delicious recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes = Corrie Cooks