This is a full yet tempting and hearty meal that everyone will enjoy. Its aroma is out of the world. this will become everyone’s favourite in no time.
- 6 lb short ribs
- salt to season
- 1 onion sliced thickly
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Wash the ribs from cold water, dry them and season with salt on both sides.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté on high.
- When pot is hot , add 2 tablespoons of oil in it.
- After oil is hot add short 3-4 ribs in instant pot to caramelize.
- Make sure that the bottom of the instant pot is not crowded, in this way caramelization will not be good.
- Sear short ribs 3 minutes each side.
- Place the short ribs in a plate and repeat the process with rest of the ribs.
- You will be needing only 1 tablespoon of oil in the pot, discard if there is excess oil in the pot.
- Add onions and boubon in the pot and deglaze the bottom and mix well.
- Add in cayenne pepper, paprika, balsamic vinegar, sugar and stir well and press cancel.
- Place short ribs in the pot and add thyme, garlic, pinch of salt.
- Pour the stock in the instant pot and close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 45 minutes, release the pressure naturally for 15 minutes through steam vent.
- Open the lid of the instant pot.
- Remove short ribs on a plate and select sauté (sauté for broth liquid present in the pot)
- Take a small bowl and mix cornstarch with water and add it in the broth.
- Mix well and let broth simmer till it’s a bit thick.
- Transfer the ribs again in the instant pot and press cancel.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.