These short ribs are delicious and soo easy to make.
Use the Instant Pot to save time and effort and get a great main dish for Christmas or any special dinner.
No compelling reason to turn on your oven - the Instant Pot does all the work for you 🙂
Table of Contents
What are Short Ribs?
Bone-in short ribs come from the stomach and are significantly fattier pieces of meat.
You can get the bones taken out from bone-in short ribs assuming you need them, which is the way I got with right now Pot Short Ribs recipe.
Pro Tip: Lessen a bit of the time to cook if you are using boneless ribs.
Why use Bourbon Whiskey?
You can use Scotch whiskey in the event that you like it, notwithstanding, bourbon is my inclination over Scotch.
The taste that it leaves behind is subtle, nonetheless, it genuinely adds to the character in Instant Pot Short Ribs.
Do I have to add sugar?
Be sure of your level of sweetness as you would prefer.
For me, 3 tablespoons are enough.
Can I add more spices?
These Instant Pot Short Ribs are cooked perfectly in a fairly sweet and adjusted flavor.
I added cayenne pepper and paprika to give these short ribs a little red hot and zesty flavor.
I've tried to do it to a milder level for this recipe.
In any case, go ahead and change the level of flavor & spice as you would prefer.
Why should I do Natural Release?
This recipe requires Natural Release since this aids the short ribs to complete the process of cooking and assists them with coming out delicate.
How to Serve?
Try serving these savory short ribs with:
Need more ideas? Check out What To Serve With Short Ribs for 15 delicious side dishes.
Can I store it?
Allow the ribs to cool totally, then place in a freezer-friendly glass dish.
Allow them to defrost then at that point, just warm in a sauce dish when you're prepared to serve them.
How to reheat?
You can warm Instant Pot Short Ribs in a pan (or utilizing the saute capacity in the Instant Pot!).
Just do not forget to add with the sauce, so they turn out delicate.
How to make Instant Pot Short Ribs
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Season the beef with salt according to your own preference.
Saute the Instant Pot for 5 minutes and pour 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
Dump the ribs and let them cook until become whitish. Make sure that the bottom of the instant pot is not crowded, in this way caramelization will not be good.
Now add thyme, garlic, a pinch of salt, add in cayenne pepper, paprika, balsamic vinegar, sugar and stir well.
Add the ribs again to the Pot.
Add Thyme and a pinch of salt.
Cover the pot and set it to High Pressure for 45 minutes.
Do a Natural Release.
Take some water, add cornstarch to it, and mix it in the Instant Pot.
Dish out & serve hot 🙂
Instant Pot Holiday Recipes
Instant Pot Short Ribs
- 6 lb short ribs
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- ½ cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Wash the ribs, dry them and season with salt on both sides.
- Press "saute" and add olive oil.
- Add short ribs and saute on both sides until brown.
- Take out the ribs and place aside.
- Add onions, garlic cloves, and bourbon in the pot and mix well.
- Add in cayenne pepper, paprika, balsamic vinegar, sugar and stir well.
- Place short ribs and add thyme, garlic, a pinch of salt on top.
- Add the stock and close the lid of the instant pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Take out the ribs and Press "saute".
- In a small bowl and mix cornstarch with water and add it in the broth.
- Mix well and let broth simmer till it’s a bit thick.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂