Brussels sprouts with bacon is an appealing and delicious recipe as a side dish or even as a main course.
I really like it since it combines the healthiness of the Brussels Sprout and the flavor of the bacon.
Click here for brussels sprouts recipe (without bacon).
The Brussels sprouts are almost neglected at our table. We make broccoli, cauliflower, but hardly ever Brussels sprouts.
People usually think they have bad taste. Well, for some they do, but when paired with something as bacon, they turn out truly wonderful.
Bacon makes it all good. Bacon turns even the humble Brussels spurts into an amazing dish.
This recipe is so easy to make and you only need some simple ingredients, like bone broth, onion, and garlic. Of course, bacon and Brussels sprouts and that is it.
The Instant pot will cook these to perfection. You can make these two ways – cooking the bacon separately in the Instant pot, then removing and cooking the brussels sprouts or cooking altogether. The first version will give you soft Brussels sprouts with crispy bacon, while the second version will make the bacon soft and soggy. For this recipe I’m using the first method and cook them separately.
So.. let’s get to work!
Gather your ingredients:
Saute the bacon in the Instant pot until crispy:
Remove the bacon and cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes:
Add Brussels sprouts and beef broth \ bone broth:
Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Then do a quick steam release.
Serve warm, topped with crispy bacon.
- 4 slices wright bacon diced
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts cut in half if large
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Select Saute on your Instant pot. Add oil and heat for 1 minute.
- Add bacon in an instant pot and press sauté, cook for around 7 minutes until it is brown and crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the Instant pot.
- Add onion and garlic into the Instant pot. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts and pour in the broth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and cook for 4 minutes on manual “high” pressure.
- Release the pressure quickly.
- Serve warm, topped with crispy bacon.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks