This Instant Pot Cholent is a traditional Jewish recipe, another version for the Hungarian goulash.
It’s easy to make, really tasty, tender and juicy and you can make it with the Instant Pot easily.
If you like potatoes, the Instant Pot venison roast may work for you.
It’s a one-pot meal, but feel feel to serve with brown rice or jasmine rice.
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 6 potatoes peeled
- 5 carrots cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup pearl barley washed well
- 1 can tomato paste
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups black beans soaked overnight and drained
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on the Instant Pot. Press "saute" and add the olive oil.
- Add beef and heat it well on each side, till it browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well for 3 minutes.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 120 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Once done and the valve drops, open the lid and serve.