A traditional Jewish recipe. Really tasty, tender and juicy and you can make it with the Instant Pot easily.
Instant Pot Cholent Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 6 potatoes peeled
- 5 carrots cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup pearl barley washed well
- 1 can tomato paste
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups black beans soaked overnight and drained
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on the Instant Pot. Press "saute" and add the olive oil.
- Add beef and heat it well on each side, till it browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well for 3 minutes.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 120 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Once done and the valve drops, open the lid and serve.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks