This Instant Pot Cholent is a traditional Jewish recipe, another version for the Hungarian goulash.
Really tasty, tenders and juicy is now very easy to make with the help of the Instant Pot.
Learn how to make Instant Pot Cholent!
Why This Recipe Works
Cholent is also known as Hamin, A Jewish traditional stew. According to tradition Cholent cooked overnight for more than 12 hours or more.
Cholent is traditionally eaten for the lunch on 'Sabbath', as it is prohibited in Jewish laws to cook on Sabbath.
There are many variations of Cholent and all are very delicious and tasty. Here we are making normal routine Cholent for you with our Instant Pot.
Instant Pot allows you to have your favorite meal in just a couple of minutes!
- Beef -Chuck roast, Freeze before chopping.
- Beans -Washed before putting them into the pot.
- Potatoes -Do not chop, Peeled.
- Carrots -Cut them into big pieces.
- Onions -Use whole yellow onion.
- Pearl Barley -You can also use brown rice but I would suggest Pearl Barley as it is more nutritious.
- Olive Oil -For frying the veggies
- Garlic Cloves -You can also use Chives as a substitute.
- Salt -As per your taste
- Black Pepper -As per your taste
- Tomato Paste -You can use canned or make one of your own.
How to make
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Put the pot on Saute for 5 mins.
Add olive oil to the pot and add chopped onion and garlic cloves into the pot.
stir until heated and add chopped beef pieces.
Add all the remaining ingredients.
Cover the lid and pressure cook at high for 35 minutes.
Remove the lid and Dish out to serve this delicious meal.
How to Serve
You can serve it white boiled rice or a piece of bread but,
The best way to serve Instant Pot Cholent is to have it as it is!
What else can I add to my recipe?
You can add Eggs if you're making it your traditional dish otherwise eggs are optional.
Can I store it and reheat it?
Yes! you can easily store Instant Pot Cholent in an air-tight container and put it in the refrigerator
You can refrigerate it for 2-3 days to enjoy the same taste again, Taste won't be bad but acceptable once refrigerated for more than 4 or 5 days.
For reheating put the Instant Pot Cholent in a microwave until heated and serve yourself the same great taste again.
More Instant Pot Beef Recipes
Instant Pot Cholent
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot cut into large pieces
- 2 potatoes peeled
- 3 lb chuck roast chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup pearl barley washed well
- 1 cup beans
- ½ tablespoon salt and pepper
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- Put the pot on Saute for 5 mins and add olive oil to the pot.
- Add chopped onion and garlic cloves into the pot and stir until heated.
- Add chopped beef pieces and remaining ingredients.
- Cover the lid and pressure cook at high for 35 minutes.
- Remove the lid and Dish out to serve this delicious meal.
- Freeze the beef before cutting, Frozen meat allows you to cut easily.
- Do not chop the potatoes otherwise, they are gonna melt in your cholent.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂