A tangy & rich tomato gravy simmers with onions, carrots, potatoes, & beef until perfectly fall-apart tender.
Instant Pot Hawaiian Beef Stew is total comfort food!
Hawaiian beef stew is just as rich, hearty & comforting as the classic Instant Pot beef stew you already know & love.
What is Hawaiian Beef Stew?
Hawaiian beef stew has unique umami & tang, which come from a couple of staple island ingredients – Japanese soy sauce & Worcestershire sauce.
And, like many authentic local-style Hawaiian meals, Hawaiian beef stew is often served over rice.
Instant Pot Hawaiian Beef Stew Recipe Video
What Type of Potatoes Should I Use?
You can use any medium-sized potato: Red potatoes, white potatoes, Russet, or Yukon gold.
This recipe is very flexible, which is part of its appeal.
Can I Use baby Carrots?
This recipe calls for regular carrots, but yes, you could easily substitute baby carrots.
Just peel and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
Can I store the leftovers?
To store the leftovers in the refrigerator, keep them in an airtight container.
You can store it for up to 3 days.
Can I re-heat Hawaiian Beef Stew?
Sure! feel free to reheat it gently in the microwave or on the stovetop with a splash of water, or broth to keep them from drying out.
How to serve
Here are some great options for side dishes:
How to make Instant Pot Hawaiian Beef Stew
So, let's get started with gathering the ingredients first.
Take the diced beef and season it with salt, black pepper, & flour.
Saute the Instant Pot for 3 minutes and add oil & seasoned beef.
Now it's time for the chopped veggies.
Add tomato sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste.
Add beef broth to the pot and set it to High Pressure for 35 minutes..
Do a Natural Release.
Take the remaining flour & mix it with some beef stock then add to the pot.
Dish out & serve over rice to enjoy to the fullest 🙂
Instant Pot Beef Recipes
Instant Pot Hawaiian Beef Stew
- 2 lb beef chuck diced
- ¼ cup flour divided into 2
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 carrots cut
- 5 potatoes in half
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cup beef broth
- ½ cup beef stock
- In a bowl mix the beef with salt, pepper and half of the amount of flour .
- Press "saute" and add oil to the Instant Pot.
- Add the beef to the Instant Pot and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, carrots and potatoes.
- Add tomato sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste.
- Add beef broth and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release and open the lid.
- Take the remaining flour and mix it with the beef stock.
- Pour the mixture into the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂