A simple and yummy recipe to have in breakfast, shredded cheddar cheese brings a mouthwatering flavor to the recipe.
Beautiful yellow color, cheese taste, and delicate texture will not leave anyone indifferent! It’s very simple and easy to make.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter pieces
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup stone ground grits
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add vegetable oil in an instant pot and press sauté.
- Add grits and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add water, milk, butter and salt.
- Cover with the lid and seal the valve, cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once done, wait 15 minutes for a natural pressure release, and then release the valve for a quick pressure release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the cheese.
- Wait a little till the grits cool and thicken up.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and enjoy!