Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo is a true one-pot meal.
A classic dump-and-go recipe where you can dump in all the ingredients at once, push start, and voilà!
You have a creamy, rich, and delicious pasta dinner that’s made in less than 10 minutes!
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
This Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is simple enough for weeknights, yet extravagant enough for extra special events. Once you’ve tasted how rich and creamy the texture is, you won’t believe how easy it is to make. And once you discover how easy it is to make, you’ll definitely want to add it to your weeknight dinner rotation!
This quick and easy Fettuccine Alfredo recipe can be with chicken or without, so it’s super versatile based on your mood and the dietary needs of those you are cooking for. It’s super comforting, making it a go-to recipe in the winter months especially.
Chicken – the chicken is optional—you can absolutely leave it out and replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth for a vegetarian pasta dish. I tend to use cubed chicken breasts for this recipe, you could also use thighs if that’s what you prefer. Cooking time will remain the same.
Fettuccine – this recipe is designed for dried fettuccine noodles, not fresh. Fresh noodles will break down too quickly in the Instant Pot. You can substitute any type of long pasta you wish.
Heavy cream – you can substitute half-and-half for a lighter take on the sauce. But if it’s that classic creamy texture you’re after, heavy cream is a must!
Parmesan cheese – freshly grated parmesan cheese will result in a smoother sauce. Avoid buying the pre-grated stuff to have a flavorsome taste in your Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo.
How to Make
Gather all the ingredients to make this quick meal.
Get your magical Instant Pot & add butter into it.
Add chopped garlic.
Add Fettuccine noodles and chicken broth.
Then, add the heavy cream to the pot.
Next, the diced up chicken breasts.
Finally, add the spices as mentioned in the recipe or according to your own taste.
Set the pot to High Pressure for 6 minutes.
Do a Quick Release and add the cheese.
Mix it all well so the cheese melts easily.
Dish out & enjoy 🙂
- You can make this recipe with fresh, frozen, cubed, or even daintily sliced beef (like in this beef stroganoff recipe) instead of chicken if you prefer.
- If you have leftover chicken that is mildly seasoned, you can use that instead of raw chicken. Rather than adding the chicken to cook in the Instant Pot, you can mix it in or serve it on top once the pasta is cooked. Adding leftover chicken gives it a boost of protein and makes it an even heartier meal.
How to Serve
This Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is amazing as is or simply garnished with grated cheese on top. A sprinkling of fresh herbs, like parsley or basil, further elevates the rich and warming flavors of fettuccine alfredo.
For more ideas, check out What to Serve With Fettuccine Alfredo.
You can also make on of the best side dishes for chicken alfredo, that would be perfect for this recipe as well.
Can I make it with shrimp?
Sure! Check out this Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo recipe.
Can I add mushrooms?
Sure! Sometimes I like to diversify and add champignon mushrooms which make the recipe even better! Add them after the garlic and sauté them for 2-3 minutes before adding the other ingredients.
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
If you love pasta (and who doesn't?!) we have so many pasta recipes to choose from! Try one of these:
Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 lb chicken breasts 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz fettuccine noodles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Add butter and garlic to the Instant Pot.
- Add fettuccine noodles, chicken broth, 1 cup of heavy cream, chicken pieces, salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Mix well.
- Add parmesan cheese and the remaining ¼ cup of heavy cream and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂