This Instant Pot Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli recipe can be prepared and ready to eat in about 15 minutes!
Not sure what to cook today? I'm here to help 🙂
Once you smell the aroma of this soup, it makes you crave it.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
Instant Pot Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli is loaded up with scrumptious ground turkey, sausage, onions, garlic, beans, and pasta. It’s one of the simpler pressure cooker recipes but is so rich in flavor, you will be wanting to make again and again.
This Italian pasta dish is SO flavorful, and it’s well balanced. I think it’s the subtle hint of spice from the red pepper flakes that makes this soup unique!
Once you try this crave worthy dish and see how quick and easy it is to prepare, you always want to make more.
Sausage – you can use any kind of sausage for this recipe, including chicken, beef or pork sausage. You can either cut up links into bite sized pieces like I did or use bulk ground sausage.
Ground turkey – I opt for lean ground turkey—either 93% or 99% lean since there’s enough fat from the sausage and it goes nicely. You could also use lean ground chicken if you prefer.
Chicken broth – use low-sodium to better control the saltiness of the soup.
Tomatoes – this recipe calls for 1 can of diced tomatoes including their juices, no need to strain them.
Red pepper flakes – this is optional, so you can leave it out if you don’t like things spicy.
Beans – we used a combination of great northern beans and red kidney beans, but you can substitute other beans like cannellini beans or navy beans too.
Pasta – use a short hollow pasta like elbows, shells, or cavatappi.
How to Make
Gather your ingredients.
Turn on the instant pot and select sauté. Add oil, sausage, ground turkey, and sauté until they become pink.
Add carrots, celery, garlic, onions, and sauté for 3 minutes.
How to Serve
Loaded with meat, veggies, and pasta, this is a complete one-pot meal all on its own. But if you want to go the Olive Garden way and serve it alongside some salad and breadsticks, I’m sure no one will complain about that 🙂
More One-Pot Pasta Recipes
There is nothing better than a one-pot meal, and it couldn’t be easier and tastier to do in the Instant Pot! Here are some of my favorite hearty meals featuring pasta:
Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese
Worried about the leftovers?
The leftovers from this Instant Pot Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli recipe become quite thick after refrigerating, since the pasta will absorb a lot of the soup’s liquid. But that's nothing to worry about! You can warm up the soup in the microwave or stovetop, and while reheating, add more water or broth as needed.
Can I freeze the soup and reuse it?
Of course, you can absolutely freeze this Pasta e Fagioli and reheat it to enjoy it once again.
Can I pre-cook the soup and add pasta the next day?
Absolutely! Cook the pasta separately in salted water and reheat the soup. Then, drain the pasta and add it to the warm soup.
Instant Pot Pasta Fagioli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce sausage
- 8 ounce lean ground turkey
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can great northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pasta
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select sauté.
- Add oil, sausage, ground turkey and saute until pink.
- Add carrots, celery, garlic, onions and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add in chicken broth, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add red and northern kidney beans, oregano, basil, pasta and pepper flakes and stir well.
- Stir well to combine and close the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- To take this recipe up a notch, use homemade ingredients like Instant Pot Chicken Stock or this flavorful tomato sauce.
- This recipe is flexible, so feel free to add any additional vegetables such as kale or collard greens.
Instant Pot Speedy and Savory Pasta Fagioli
4 thoughts on “Instant Pot Pasta Fagioli”
You need to use clamato juice to really give it a great taste
Love that idea, I'll have to try it out. Thanks for the tip!
When I happen to get to Olive Garden I get this soup with salad and bread sticks and bring my meal home for the next day. I absolutely love this soup and get it every time.
Yes, it's so good right!? And now you can enjoy it anytime when you can make it at home!