This is your chance make a one-pot pasta meal in only 8 minutes!
Is there anything else so compelling other than a bowl of pasta?
Is there anything else comfortable than preparing a whole supper in one pot?
Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo is both of those – with the exemplary flavor that everybody loves.
- What kind of shrimp should I use?
- Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo Recipe Video
- What kind of pasta should I use for Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo?
- Can I use Gluten-free Pasta?
- Can I use chicken instead of shrimp?
- What else can I add to my recipe?
- How long can I keep it frozen?
- How to serve Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo?
- How to make Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo?
- What are the varieties of Pasta I can try?
- Instant Pot Pasta Recipes (one-pot meals)
- Instant Pot Shrimp Recipes
What kind of shrimp should I use?
Large size shrimp is the best for this Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo recipe. This size shrimp may look too huge to eat however when they’re cooked they shrink a considerable amount and become reduced down!
Make sure to use peeled shrimp, Shrimps without their shells.
Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo Recipe Video
What kind of pasta should I use for Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo?
For this shrimp alfredo recipe I’m using Fettuccine. If you want to diversify, feel free to use:
Cooking time stay the same.
Can I use Gluten-free Pasta?
Of course, however, gluten-free pasta will, in general, absorbs more sauce, so I suggest serving quickly.
Can I use chicken instead of shrimp?
Sure! But then you will get Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo 🙂
What else can I add to my recipe?
- Try using different spices.
- Add crispy Bacon.
- Add more cheese to it.
How long can I keep it frozen?
You can freeze Shrimp Alfredo for up to 2 months in heavy-duty portion control freezer-safe bags or containers.
The pasta would turn soft when thawed and reheated.
So, for that you can undercook the pasta slightly to avoid this, I would say do 5 mins high pressure.
Also, cream-based sauces have a tendency to separate.
If you feel the sauce had separated you can always add a few splashes of heavy cream before reheating the alfredo.
How to serve Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo?
This is a great dish to supplement as is or with vegetables.
So you can try steamed vegetables or fresh salad.
How to make Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo?
Gather the ingredients.
Take your Instant pot and add chicken broth to it.
Add chopped garlic cloves into the Instant pot.
Add spices into the Instant pot.
Add the Fettuiccne pasta into the Instant pot.
Set the pot to high pressure for 6 minutes.
Do a quick release.
Add heavy cream into the Instant pot.
Add Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into the Instant pot.
Add peeled shrimps to the Instant pot.
Mix well and cover the lid again for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
Dish out your pasta and enjoy 🙂
What are the varieties of Pasta I can try?
So you are bored of making the same recipe over and over?
There’s nothing to worry about it cause we have a variety of Pasta and shrimp recipes for you to try. You can see some great example of Instant Pot recipes bellow.
Instant Pot Pasta Recipes (one-pot meals)
Instant Pot Shrimp Recipes
- 1/4 Tsp nutmeg grounded
- 2 Tsp garlic cloves chopped
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 oz fettuccine
- 1 lb large shrimp raw, peeled
- 6 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Add chicken broth to the Instant Pot.
- Add chopped garlic, salt, grounded nutmeg, pasta, and heavy cream.
- Cover the lid and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a Quick Release and stir.
- Add Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and shrimp.
- Cover the lid again for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- Open the lid, serve and enjoy 🙂