The mild flavor of the beets really shines when cooked in the Instant Pot.
You can eat it as is, and serve with butter to taste.
Do I need to use a trivet?
Yes, you should place the beets on the Instant Pot trivet. You can use the metal one that comes with the Instant Pot.
- 5 whole fresh beets unpeeled, with the ends trimmed off
- 1 cup water
- butter to taste
- Place a trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water.
- Place the beets on the trivet and secure the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Once done, open the lid and serve with butter or any other topping 🙂