Forget about using 2 pots and a pan and spending hours in the kitchen.
This Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff is a delicious one-pot meal you can make in only 10 minutes!
Amazing pressure cooker recipe that is soo easy to make and yet delicious.
Chicken breasts, penne noodles, and a creamy sauce are combined for the ultimate comfort food!
- Can I Use Beef Instead of Chicken?
- Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff Recipe Video
- Do I Have to Add Mushrooms?
- Which Type of Noodles Should I use?
- How To Serve?
- How Do I Keep the Sour Cream From Curdling?
- What kind of Chicken should I use?
- How to make Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff?
- One-pot pasta meals
- One-pot meals with chicken
Can I Use Beef Instead of Chicken?
Since it’s a quick recipe (only 10 minutes), it would work better with chicken.
If you prefer pork or beef, check out this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe.
Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff Recipe Video
Do I Have to Add Mushrooms?
No, you don’t have to add in the mushroom.
Please note that since the mushrooms are placed on top of the dry noodles and they release moisture they help to cook the pasta evenly.
Which Type of Noodles Should I use?
You can use any of your choice and desire.
Penne Pasta works best for this Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff recipe.
Feel free to use pasta shapes that required a similar cooking time like:
How To Serve?
Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff can be served on its own as a complete meal.
If you want you can add a fresh salad or veggies on the side.
You can also add extra sauce on top. Some options:
How Do I Keep the Sour Cream From Curdling?
When cooking in an Instant Pot, this is a common issue a lot of people tend to face.
Remember that sour cream curdles when you add it directly into hot liquid.
So, tempering or heating the sour cream a little by mixing it together with hot liquid.
Now combining might be a little extra step, but it’ll ensure that your sauce is perfectly creamy and rich and has the right texture.
What kind of Chicken should I use?
The traditional recipe calls for chicken breasts but you don’t worry if you are short of it.
You can use chicken thighs or anything you wish for just note the timings.
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff?
Gather the ingredients.
In a bowl, season the chicken pieces with salt, black pepper, dill, and garlic powder. Mix well.
Add the chicken into the Instant Pot.
Now add noodles and the sliced mushrooms.
Add chicken broth.
Cover the lid and set the pot to High Pressure for 6 minutes.
Do a Quick Release and add sour cream.
Mix 2 tbsp of water with 2 tbsp of cornstarch and add the mixture to the Instant Pot.
Add Worcestershire sauce as well.
Mix everything well for 2 minutes.
Dish out. Feel free to add dill on top.
One-pot pasta meals
One-pot meals with chicken
- 1/2 lb chicken breast diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill
- 8-16 oz mushroom sliced
- 8 oz noodles
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, season the chicken in salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dill and mix well.
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot.
- Add noodles, mushrooms and chicken stock to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Mix water with the cornstarch and add it to the Instant Pot.
- Add sour cream, and Worcestershire sauce, stir well and let it warm for 2 minutes..
- Serve and enjoy 🙂