Quick and easy red tomato sauce sautéed with garlic and oregano! You can serve it with pasta.
You can freeze this sauce, is will keep up for up to 4 months .
This delicious Marinara sauce is perfect for busy night. Don’t hesitate to double the recipe, so you will always have some on hand.
- 800 g crushed plum tomatoes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot cut into large pieces
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Add oil to instant pot and select “Sauté”.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for a minute till soft.
- Add carrots, tomatoes and all the other spices except salt and sugar.
- Close the lid and set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure naturally.
- Stir in salt and sugar and remove the carrots.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve this with pasta.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks