Quick and easy red tomato sauce with garlic and oregano! Why use store-bought sauce when you can make it yourself?
This delicious Marinara sauce is perfect for busy night.
Don’t hesitate to double the recipe, so you will always have some on hand.
Can I freeze the sauce?
Yes! You can freeze this sauce and keep it for up to 3 months.
How to serve?
- 800 g crushed plum tomatoes fresh or canned
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot cut into large pieces
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to instant pot and select “Saute”.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for a 2 minutes till soft.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, basil, thyme, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Open the lid and and remove the carrots.
- Stir in salt, pepper and sugar.
- Serve or keep for later.