Very flavorful yet super easy to make – this will become your favorite thing to make when you have a busy day. A perfectly balanced meal in less than 25 minutes of your time. The chicken is juicy, tender, and packed with flavors, while the broccoli are just cooked to perfection.
This recipe tolerates some changes, so for a sweeter version, you can add 1 tbsp honey, or for a spicy kick some red pepper flakes.
Try making this recipe with other parts of the chicken, like skinless and boneless thighs, or even substitute broccoli with cauliflower. The Instant pot will turn this dish into an amazing weekend dinner for you and your family.
If you like this recipe, you have to try the Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli.
How To Make Chicken and Broccoli
Gather your ingredients:
Cook onion in Instant Pot on saute until almost caramelized. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Toss in the chicken and pour in the stock:
Lock lid in place and cook the chicken for 7 minutes on High-pressure. Once the cooking cycle is done, add broccoli and make a slurry. Combine 1/2 cup fo the cooking liquid with starch and pour it over.
On Saute, with the lid closed, cook the broccoli for 5-6 minutes. Season to taste and serve warm.
- 1 lb chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cups broccoli florets fresh or frozen, but thawed
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Olive oil as desired, but not more than 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set Instant pot to Saute and add olive oil.
- Add onion and cook on "saute" for a few minutes until almost caramelized.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add chicken and toss to coat with oil. Pour in the stock.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- In a cup, combine cornstarch with 1/2 cup of cooking liquid and make a slurry.
- On the Instant Pot, press "saute" and pour the slurry over the chicken while stirring well.
- Add broccoli and close the Instant pot. Let the broccoli for 5-6 minutes on saute. (NO need for pressure cooking).
- Open the lid, mix a bit and serve :]