No more mushy, gooey, or hard medium grain Calrose Rice!
Using this Instant Pot Calrose Rice you can get the perfect rice quick and easily!
Easy Peazy to make in only 15 minutes using your Instant Pot pressure cooker.
Calrose isn’t pretty much as generally known as basmati or earthy colored rice, however, it’s actually valued for its delicate, tacky surface.
This side dish is vegan and vegetarian and all you need is rice and water.
- What is Calrose Rice?
- Instant Pot Calrose Rice Recipe Video
- Why Calrose Rice?
- How to serve?
- Can I add oil or butter?
- Is Calrose Rice healthy?
- Can I make Calrose Rice ahead of time?
- How to make Instant Pot Calrose Rice?
- Basic Instant Pot Rice Recipes
- Instant Pot Calrose Rice
What is Calrose Rice?
Calrose Rice originated in California.
The name “rose” indicates medium grain shape and “cal” indicates California origin.
Calrose Rice once cooked is soft and sticky.
Instant Pot Calrose Rice Recipe Video
Why Calrose Rice?
We look for certain things in rice which includes:
- Evenly cooked which means tender through the center yet has a nice mouthfeel.
- Remain intact, separated, slightly sticky, but not mushy or gooey
- Dry rice with a bit of moisture, not soggy or wet.
How to serve?
As Instant Pot Calrose Rice can absorb the flavors perfectly, it goes well with soups, stews and even sushi.
Can I add oil or butter?
I did not add any butter or oil, but you can add about a tablespoon of oil while cooking the rice.
Is Calrose Rice healthy?
Like all other types of white rice, medium-grain Calrose rice is high in carbohydrates.
Rice is best to eat in moderation as a side dish.
Can I make Calrose Rice ahead of time?
Of course, just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze it in small portions for up to 6 months.
How to make Instant Pot Calrose Rice?
Gather the two magical ingredients.
Always rinse the rice before using it.
Now add rice into the pot.
Pour in some water so that our rice doesn’t get burnt.
You can also add oil or butter instead.
Cover the Instant Pot and set it to High Pressure for 5 minutes.
Once done, do a quick release.
Dish out your rice and serve as you wish 🙂
Basic Instant Pot Rice Recipes
- 1 cup calrose rice rinsed
- 1 1/4 cup water divided
- Add water and rice into the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Dish out rice and serve 🙂