Are you dreaming of a Japanese dinner but you don’t feel like going out and spending a lot of money? If you have an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker, your dream is just 15 minutes away! Try this recipe to cook perfect sushi rice to prepare your favorite Japanese treats any time you want!
Instant Pot Sushi Rice
- 1 cup short grain Japanese rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Carefully rinse and dry Japanese rice.
- Pour water and rice into your Instant Pot.
- Cook at low pressure for 12 minutes.
- Let steam release naturally.
- In the meantime, mix white wine vinegar, rice vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Microwave the sauce for 1 minute.
- Transfer cooked rice in a large bowl and slowly pour the vinegar sauce, while stirring.
- Let it cool completely then start making your favorite sushi rolls!