This rich and fabulous chicken dinner is all you need tonight.
You can make this lemon garlic chicken in your Instant Pot (or any other pressure cooker) in less in 20 minutes. A perfect option for busy weekend nights or just when you need something fast and delicious.
The key to making a good Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken is in searing the chicken. Many people just tossing all the ingredients and expect the Instant Pot to create the perfect dish.
So yes, it’s possible and you will get a tasty meal. But for a wonderful result, I recommend you to searing the chicken.
That way you will have a nice crust and more intensive flavor. Moreover, it prevent the chicken from being soggy.
For this meal it is important to use the organic lemons, since you are not only use the juice, but also the zest.
How to make Lemon Garlic Chicken
Gather your ingredients:
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Melt half the butter in Instant Pot. Sear the chicken on Saute.
Remove the chicken and add remaining butter. Add lemon zest and garlic. Cook until fragrant. Add stock.
Place back in the chicken. Add lemon juice and add basil.
Lock the lid into place. Set to High Pressure and set the timer for 10 minutes.
Once the cooking cycle is done, let the pressure come down naturally. Serve chicken warm.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute. Add butter and once melted, sear the chicken on all sides.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot. Add garlic and lemon zest and cook until you can smell the lemon.
- Pour in chicken stock to deglaze (clean the bottom of) the Instant Pot. Place back the chicken and add the lemon juice.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Open the lid and serve.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks