This Instant Pot tortellini soup a tasty soup which is a good choice to have, especially in the winter.
The soup is loaded with spicy turkey sausage, cheese-filled tortellini, spinach and some extra cheddar cheese.
It is a truly gourmet dish that proves tortellini can be exciting and shows a new way of preparation.
The soup is perfect for the entire family, and also suitable for those times when you have guests and want to show off with a fancy dinner.
Which sausage should I use?
This Instant Pot tortellini soup recipe calls for a turkey sausage but if you do not have any, bratwurst or ground turkey will work as well.
What can I use instead of Instead of spinach?
Instead of spinach, you can use the kale, just remember to remove any stems.
How To Make Tortellini Soup
Gather your ingredients:
Remove the casing from the sausage. If you want, you can make small balls from the sausage as I did, or break the sausage with a wooden spoon. Select Saute on your Instant Pot and add oil. Once the oil is hot, add sausage and cook until browned.
Remove the sausage and add the onion. Cook the onion for 3 minutes till browned a little.
Once the onion is tender, add broth and cream cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
Place back in the sausage. Lock the lid and cook the sausage on High pressure for 5 minutes.
Perform a quick pressure release and add tortellini.
Saute for 7 minutes. Add cream, spinach, basil, and cheddar cheese.
Cook until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Tortellini soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 lb spicy or mild turkey sausage raw, casing removed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder minced
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cup cheese tortellini
- 4 oz baby greens (spinach, chard, kale etc.)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 4 oz cabot cream cheese
- ½ cup light cream
- 3 oz Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil and turkey sausage in the inner pot of Instant pot and select “Sauté”.
- Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic powder and season to taste. Stir well.
- Add vegetable broth, stir well and close the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release (Move the steam handle to "venting") and open the lid.
- Select “Sauté” and add cream cheese in the Instant pot. Stir till the cream cheese is fully dissolved.
- Add tortellini and cook on the Saute option for about 7 minutes.
- Add cream and baby greens and stir.
- Add grated cheddar cheese and serve.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂