The quickest Chicken Tortilla Soup made in under 20 minutes using your Instant Pot!
Delicious and healthy, loaded with chicken and veggies, this soup will warm you to your bones.
Add some interesting toppings to make this Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup even better! Here are some options:
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe Video
How to serve?
This Chicken Tortilla Soup is a wholly complete & amazing meal with lots of veggies.
Can I store the leftovers?
It's less likely that you'll have any left 😉
But if you do then freeze your Chicken Tortilla Soup in an air-tight container.
Can I reheat?
This soup reheats beautifully!.
Just boil the exact amount you want to eat fresh while you defrost your soup.
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Gather the ingredients.
Saute the Pot for 3 minutes then add olive oil and previously chopped onion into the Instant Pot.
Now add all the vegetables we have prepared previously.
Add a can of diced tomatoes and the chicken breasts.
Now we will add the spices mentioned in the recipe, chicken broth, and set the pot to High Pressure for 12 minutes.
Do a Quick Release afterward.
Take the chicken out and shred.
Dish out the soup in a bowl and add Tortilla Strips & all the toppings.
Serve hot 🙂
Instant Pot Soup recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Soups
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- 1 poblano chili chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 lb chicken breasts
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 2 lime juiced
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- tortilla strips to taste, for serving
- cheddar cheese to taste, for serving
- sour cream to taste, for serving
- avocado to taste, for serving
- cilantro to taste, for serving
- Press "saute" and add olive oil.
- Add onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add garlic, carrot and celery and saute for 2 mor minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, chili, chicken breast, black beans, chicken broth , lime juice, salt, chili powder, cumin, and oregano and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Take out the chicken and shred it.
- Pour the soup into a bowl, and add shredded chicken and tortilla strips
- Add toppings: sour cream, cheddar cheese and avocado to taste.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂