This easy recipe is filled with amazing pesto flavor and healthy greens like spinach and pea.
Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Pasta is one of the best one-pot meals you can find on Corrie Cooks.
You don't need to pre-cook the pasta and you can have a complete meal in only 10 minutes!
Table of Contents
What kind of noodles should I use?
Best pasta shapes for this Instant Pot chicken pesto pasta recipe:
Rotini (As I used)
How to upgrade the recipe
Feel free to add:
You can also serve with homemade Spaghetti Sauce on top.
Looking for more? Check out What to Serve With Pesto Pasta for 20 more delicious recipes.
Can I use anything else other than Chicken Breasts?
I tend to use cubed chicken breast for this recipe. You could also use thighs if that’s what you prefer.
You can also use small pieces of beef chuck, just like you do for the Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe.
Cooking time will remain the same.
Can I use pre-grated cheese?
Freshly grated parmesan cheese will result in a smoother sauce.
Avoid buying the pre-grated stuff to have a flavorsome taste in your Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Pasta.
Can I store it and reheat it?
You are free to freeze the leftovers of your Pesto Chicken Pasta.
Just place it in a cooler freezer-friendly container and store it in the cooler for two months.
Any leftovers can be reheated on the stove or microwave.
How to make
Gather the ingredients.
Saute the pot for 3 minutes and add chicken and olive oil to the pot.
Let it cook until the chicken gets whitish and then add chopped onions.
Add chicken broth to the Instant Pot.
Let's add the uncooked Rotini noodles to our pot.
Cover the pot and set it to High Pressure for 4 minutes.
Do a Quick Release afterward.
Add Basil and frozen peas to the cooked noodles.
Why not add more green veggies?
Add spinach and any vegetables of your choice.
To give a cheesy touch, add Parmesan cheese which we grated eaarlier.
Mix it all and dish out to enjoy 🙂
Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts cubed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ red onion chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb rotini pasta uncooked
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Press "saute" and add olive oil.
- Add chicken and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add chicken broth and pasta and stir.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Add pesto and peas and stir well.
- Add spinach and cheese and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
- This recipe can easily be doubled and stored in a fridge. Transfer it in a cup whenever needed, and serve.
- Don't miss out on chicken broth as it is the key ingredient of the recipe.