Looking for a failproof shrimp biryani recipe? I have one for you!
One-pot meal of shrimp with rice in less than 20 minutes total!
This Instant Pot Shrimp Biryani will yield the most flavorful biryani without a lot of hard work.
Sweet juicy shrimp biryani with tender rice and Indian spices make for a quick and easy meal even on a weeknight.
It’s easy: you just measure and chop a few things.
- Recipe Video
- What is the difference between Shrimp & Prawns?
- What kind of shrimp should I use?
- What kind of rice should I use?
- How to serve?
- Can I use butter instead of ghee?
- How to make Raita?
- How to make
- Instant Pot Shrimp Recipes
- Instant Pot Biryani Recipes
- Instant Pot Shrimp Biryani
What is the difference between Shrimp & Prawns?
Shrimp and prawns are not the same.
They are actually different species.
But since they taste the same it is often used interchangeably so go ahead and substitute one for the other depending on what’s locally available.
What kind of shrimp should I use?
Large size shrimp – This size shrimp may look too huge to eat however when they're cooked they shrink a considerable amount and become reduced down!
Make sure to use peeled shrimp, Shrimps without their shells.
What kind of rice should I use?
For this recipe, I used Premium Aged basmati rice.
It's the best option in my opinion since It cooks up into long beautiful fluffy grains.
If you don't have basmati rice, you can use jasmine rice as well.
How to serve?
Enjoy hot with a lemon wedge and raita.
Can I use butter instead of ghee?
Yes you can. You can also make this homemade Instant Pot Ghee and use it for this Instant Pot shrimp biryani recipe.
How to make Raita?
To make simple and delicious Tomato and Onion Raita, just follow these simple steps:
- whisk the yogurt in a medium bowl.
- Add onions, tomatoes, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
How to make
Gather the ingredients.
Set the Instant Pot to Saute and add some Ghee.
Add in all the spices.
Add shrimp & keep stirring until they become brown.
Now add water.
Add in salt and rice. Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
When the cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release (or at least 20 minutes).
Dish out, add coriander on top and serve.
Instant Pot Shrimp Recipes
Instant Pot Biryani Recipes
Instant Pot Jambalaya (kind of biryani with beans)
- 2 teaspoon ghee
- 4 green cardamon
- 8 peppercorn
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 lb shrimp peeled
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Press "saute", add ghee and let it melts.
- Add cardamon, peppercorn, cinnamon stick, whole cloves, cumin, and stir well.
- Add shrimp and saute until brown.
- Add water, salt and rice and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release.
- Garnish with coriander, serve and enjoy 🙂