This Instant Pot Biryani is a fantastic one-pot dish. Perfect for cold winter days.
This Instant Pot version of biryani rice is so easy to make, nice comfort food, served it with a fresh vegetable like cucumbers or tomatoes.
Delicious, simple and super easy to make! This is the perfect vegetarian dish for a weeknight meal.
For another one-pot meal with rice, you can try this Instant Pot dirty rice.
Table of Contents
Can I remove some of the ingredients?
The recipe is perfect as is.
If you want a simpler and easier version, make the Instant Pot fried rice instead 🙂
Can I add beans?
If you like beans with your rice, check out this Instant Pot jambalaya, another delicious and easy recipe.
Can I add chicken?
If you like chicken in your rice, try the Instant Pot Chicken Biryani which is a delicious and easy one pot meal.
You an also check out this Instant Pot chicken and rice, a tasty and easy one-pot meal.
Can I add shrimp?
If you like shrimp, try this Instant Pot Shrimp Biryani recipe (One pot meal as well).
Can I add eggs?
Sure. Or just try this Instant Pot Egg Biryani recipe.
Pressure Cooker Biryani
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 3 cups Water
- 2 Onion thinly sliced
- 3 Green chili
- 1 Tomato
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ½ cup carrot chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 3 tbsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ cup Coriander
- ½ cup Mint
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2 tsp. Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp. Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- ¼ cup Cashew
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice as needed
- Wash and Soak the basmati rice for around 30 min, Then drain it and set aside.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil and fry some cashews until golden. Drain set aside.
- In the same oil, add all the seasoning ingredients, the onion, green chili and fry on a low heat till brown.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and sauté for a min.
- Add in tomatoes,celery, carrot,peas, coriander and mint.
- Add in yogurt and give a good mix.
- Add in the soaked Basmati rice and combine well. Pour in 3 cups of water and season with some salt and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook and high pressure for 8 minutes
- Once cooked, open carefully the pressure cooker and fluff the rice with a fork. You can squeeze some lemon juice at this point and mix well.