This toothsome Instant Pot Chicken Biryani recipe doesn't only cut down the prep time in fact it intensifies the flavor.
One-pot meal in only 25 minutes!
Are you tired of your biryani taking too long to be ready?
Well, you have come to the right place.
Table of Contents
What is biryani anyway?
The most well-known rice dish from India, biryani can be found in a variety of diversifications all over the globe.
Yet, one thing remains constant and that is the time taken and complexity!
What are the different types of biryani?
As biryani got well known in South Asia, a few local varieties of this dish also came into being.
- Hyderabadi Dum Biryani,
- The Malabar Pukka Biryani from waterfront India
- The Calcutta Biryani with potatoes from eastern India
- Spicy Chettinad Biryani from the southern states
- The delightful, tart Sindhi Biryani from Sindh, Pakistan.
A lot more varieties and recipes are there yet one thing that is common to all is that they are generally amazingly scrumptious!
How to serve
It's one-pot meal so it's great as is. If you really want, you can add yogurt raita on side to complement the spices of this Instant Pot chicken biryani.
What can I use other than chicken?
Well, if you want to try something different this time then try:
Can I make a vegetarian biryani?
You can surely try it without the chicken or beef using the same instructions and cooking times. You can also check out these recipes:
How to make
First things first, gather all the ingredients.
Take an onion, and chop it.
Take chicken breasts, and chop them.
Take your Instant Pot, add butter, and set it to saute for 5 minutes.
Add chopped onions to it.
Add chopped chicken breasts.
Stir well until the color becomes whitish.
Add rice into the Instant pot.
Add spices i.e. Tumeric, Curry powder.
Add cardamom pods, cinnamon, Bay leaves, Raisins.
Add chicken stock.
Cover the lid and set the Instant pot to High pressure for 25 minutes.
Do a QUICK Release.
Voila! Your toothsome Instant Pot Chicken Biryani is ready to be served 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot One-Pot Meals
Instant Pot Chicken Biryani
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 chicken breasts chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 3 cups chicken stock
- coriander for serving
- 2 tablespoon flaked almonds for serving
- Press saute and add butter.
- Add onion and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and saute until brown.
- Add rice, turmeric, curry powder, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, raisins, and bay leaves.
- Add chicken stock and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂