Hey there, foodies! Today I'm sharing with you one of my all-time favorite Instant Pot recipes: Garlic Shrimp. This dish is not only incredibly tasty, but it's also quick and easy to make. Perfect for those busy weeknights when you're craving something delicious yet simple.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
The beauty of this Instant Pot Garlic Shrimp recipe lies in its simplicity. With just a few ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a mouthwatering meal on the table in no time. The Instant Pot does all the work for you, ensuring your shrimp is cooked to perfection while the garlic and other flavors meld together beautifully.
Another reason to love this recipe is its versatility. You can easily adapt the flavors to suit your taste buds or use it as a base for a more complex dish. The possibilities are endless, making this Instant Pot Garlic Shrimp a must-try for anyone looking to expand their culinary repertoire.
Shrimp: I use large, peeled, and deveined shrimp for this recipe. You can use fresh or frozen shrimp, just make sure to thaw them first.
Garlic: Fresh minced garlic is key for a rich, garlicky flavor. If you're in a pinch, you can use jarred minced garlic, but the flavor won't be as vibrant.
Butter: This adds a subtle richness to the dish. You can substitute it with olive oil, avocado oil or another oil with a high smoke point.
Lemon: Fresh lemon juice brightens up the dish and adds a zesty kick. If you don't have lemons on hand, you can use lime juice or a splash of white wine vinegar.
- Don't overcook the shrimp, as they can become rubbery.
- For an extra boost of flavor, marinate the shrimp in the garlic mixture for 10-15 minutes before cooking.
- Make sure to deglaze the Instant Pot after sautéing the garlic to prevent a burn warning.
- Feel free to add your favorite herbs, like parsley or cilantro, for a fresh twist.
- Use the sauté function to reduce the sauce after cooking, if desired, for a thicker consistency.
How to Serve
This Instant Pot Garlic Shrimp is delicious on its own, but it's also versatile enough to pair with various side dishes. You can serve it over a bed of rice, pasta, or even quinoa for a more substantial meal.
Some other serving ideas include:
- Tossing the shrimp with zucchini noodles for a low-carb option.
- Stuffing the shrimp into tacos or lettuce wraps for a fun, handheld meal.
- Pairing the shrimp with a simple green salad or steamed vegetables for a lighter, healthier option.
If you need more ideas, check out What To Serve With Garlic Butter Shrimp for 15 amazing recipes.
Can I use oil?
Sure. Feel free to use 1 tablespoon olive oil instead of butter.
Instant Pot Garlic Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp already cleaned
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- Put butter and garlic in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- When butter melts, add shrimp, lemon slices, paprika and salt.
- Mix well to let the flavors spread and saute for 4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂