Cheesy, rich, and tender Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes made quickly.
No need to hang tight for the crunchy stove-top potatoes to be prepared!
Easy Instant Pot Air Fryer recipe you can make in only 20 minutes!
- What are Instant Pot scalloped potatoes?
- Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes Recipe Video
- What is so good about this Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes recipe?
- Do I really have to peel the potatoes?
- Do I have to use Air Fryer Lid?
- Which kind of potatoes should I use?
- Can I skip Chicken Broth?
- What else can I add to my recipe?
- Can I freeze my Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes?
- What to Serve it with?
- How to make Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes
- Instant Pot Potato recipes
- Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid recipes
What are Instant Pot scalloped potatoes?
Scalloped potatoes are thinly sliced potatoes cooked with a creamy garlic sauce.
In this recipe, we’re cooking the potatoes in the instant pot, where we’ll also create the sauce, then transferring to a baking dish and topping with cheese.
Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes Recipe Video
What is so good about this Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes recipe?
- The potatoes take so little time to be ready while it takes over an hour in an oven!
- Easy homemade cheese sauce comes together in minutes to envelop your perfectly cooked potatoes in it.
- It would be amazing with just a big slice of Crusty Bread!
- This version just so happens to be lightened up so you can have your potatoes and still have room for your Ham, Cornbread, and Apple Pie too!
Do I really have to peel the potatoes?
No. This recipe called for peeled sliced potatoes. Try both ways and see what you prefer.
Do I have to use Air Fryer Lid?
If you don’t have any of those, you can make this recipe in the oven or just choose another delicious potato recipe.
Which kind of potatoes should I use?
You need starchy potatoes to add the velvety, deliciousness of this dish.
Russet and Yukon are the best approaches here.
I lean toward Yukon for the additional flavor and I like the delicate, yet strong chomp they loan.
Can I skip Chicken Broth?
You can add milk instead of Chicken broth if you desire.
What else can I add to my recipe?
If you want to make homemade Scalloped Potatoes with Ham, simply add in about 100g (2/3 cup) of cubed ham along with the cheese mixture.
Feel free to substitute a little of the potato with some sweet potatoes.
A spoon full or two of pesto adds in a whole new flavor profile.
Can I freeze my Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes?
All you need to do is take the potatoes out a little bit before they are done.
This helps protect their texture so they don’t fall to a mush.
You can then bake from frozen or thaw them in the fridge before baking.
What to Serve it with?
Scalloped potatoes make a great main course yet used as a side dish as well.
Try it with:
How to make Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes
Gather the ingredients to make yummy Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes.
Cut potatoes finely, just like this.
Chop some garlic cloves.
Get the potatoes ready:
Add the potatoes, chicken broth, and spices to the Instant Pot.
Set the pot to HIGH Pressure for 1 minute.
Do a QUICK RELEASE.
Take the boiled potatoes out in a bowl.
Get the sauce ready:
Set the pot to Saute for a minute and add chopped garlic with the spices.
Add heavy cream, cheddar cheese, and the sauce mix well.
Pour out the sauce onto the potatoes.
Add some cheddar cheese to the top of the bowl and place in the Instant Pot.
Cover the bowl with Aluminum foil and set the pot to BAKE at 375 F for 15 minutes.
Cover the pot with an Air Fryer lid.
Take the lid off.
Your Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes look so delicious!
Dish out & add some garnishings.
Serve & enjoy 🙂
Instant Pot Potato recipes
Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid recipes
- 3 lb white potatoes peel and cut finely
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup cheddar cheese
- cilantro for garnish, optional
- Place the potatoes inside the Instant Pot.
- Add chicken broth and garlic powder and cover the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 1 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Dish out the potatoes in a bowl and place aside.
- Add chopped garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add oregano, salt, black pepper and mix well.
- Add heavy cream and cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Pour out the mixture onto the potatoes and add the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Cover the bowl of potatoes with aluminum foil and place in the Instant Pot.
- Cover with the Air fryer lid and bake at 375 F° for 15 minutes.
- Take out the lid and, garnish with cilantro and serve 🙂