A traditional and popular Indian vegetarian stew… This vegetarian stew is prepared with split pigeon peas, vegetables and a special blend of spices…
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 green chili
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger chopped finely
- 1/2 of medium onion chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 4 tsp sambar powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup split pigeon pea rinsed
- 1 cup pumpkin cut in medium pieces
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into small pieces
- 3 baby eggplants cut each into 4 pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select“Sauté”. Then add the mustard seeds,curry leaves, green chili andginger and cook for about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes, sambar powder and salt andcook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Press “Cancel” and sir in the split pigeon pea, vegetables and water.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 8 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the tamarind paste until well combined.
- Serve hot with the garnishing of cilantro.
Calories: 238kcal Carbohydrates: 42g Protein: 11g Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 1g Sodium: 1261mg Potassium: 728mg Fiber: 13g Sugar: 13g Vitamin A: 5639IU Vitamin C: 47mg Calcium: 72mg Iron: 2mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.