This Instant Pot dish combines nutty flavor of Instant Pot brown rice with fresh taste of colorful vegetables and results in a delicious meal.
If you like one-pot meals, this Instant Pot recipe is for you :]
Feel free to add your favorite vegetables: Bell peppers, cauliflower and anything you like.
- 2 cup brown rice
- 3 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 medium turnip peeled and sliced
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 pound banana squash peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts diced
- 2 small zucchinis peeled
- 5 stalks Swiss chard leafy greens chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add rice and vegetable broth (or water) to the Instant Pot.
- Clos the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and add all the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural release.
- Open the lid, mix the rice and vegetables and serve 🙂