Best dal makhani you will ever have with amazing spices and aroma. You can serve it with rice or naan.
- 1 cup whole split lentils soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tsp garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 tomatoe chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp ghee
- cilantro for garnish
- Soak lentils in cold water overnight, then drain, rinse and set it aside.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add cumin seeds, onion, bay leaf and sauté for 7 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, spices, tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils along with water and mix well.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 30 minutes, release the pressure naturally through steam vent.
- Open the lid of the instant pot and add in cilantro, ghee and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.