If you’re looking for an easy and satisfying vegetable side dish, try this Instant Pot Potatoes and Carrots recipe.
Instant Pot Potatoes and Carrots uses your Air Fryer Lid to get potatoes and carrots that are the perfect texture—soft inside and crispy outside.
This side dish recipe is completely vegan and it takes only 20 minutes to cook!
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
This Instant Pot Potatoes and Carrots recipe calls for a combination of carrots and baby potatoes since they have similar cook times. They’re tossed in a marinade made from only a couple of ingredients that just perfectly compliment the sweetness and earthiness of the vegetables.
The air fryer lid can be used for so many things, and it’s great to perfectly cook potatoes in little time! This recipe is great because you add carrots which adds a ton of nutritional value. It makes any protein into a complete meal with just one side dish by adding a nutritious vegetable and starch.
Carrots – I used orange carrots since they’re most widely available but feel free to swap in some multicolored carrots too.
Baby potatoes – the skin can be left on which makes prep easy! I used Yukon Gold new potatoes—they’re my favorite. They have an incredible buttery taste and texture and are less starchy than other varieties. But you can use any type of potato as long as you cut them into small bite-sized pieces. Fingerlings work great in this recipe too!
Olive oil – olive oil is my go-to for the flavor and nutritional value it adds, but you can use any type of oil like vegetable or canola oil.
Maple syrup – this is the secret ingredient. It goes perfectly with this fall veggie blend and adds just a hint of sweetness!
Spices - I'm using paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt. Feel free to create your own mix or even go natural.
Rosemary – I love rosemary with potatoes, it’s a match made in heaven. Use fresh if you can, but dried rosemary is OK too.
How to Make
Peel the carrots, and slice them into pieces.
Take baby potatoes and cut them in half.
Take a bowl and pour olive oil and maple syrup into it with all other spices
Mix all of these ingredients well.
Now, add carrots and potatoes into the bowl and mix well to coat.
Put all the ingredients of the bowl into Instant Pot.
Cover the pot with Air Fryer Lid and set the pot to 400 F for 10 minutes.
Toss, and add Rosemary to taste.
Set the Instant Pot to 400 F for another 10 minutes covered with Air Fryer Lid.
Finally, your Instant Pot Potatoes and Carrots are ready to enjoy.
- To ensure the carrots and potatoes cook evenly, make sure they are cut around the same size. If you cut them a little smaller, they will take less time to cook.
- You can leave out the maple syrup if you want, but I don’t recommend it. It adds a hint of sweetness and also helps the outside get crispy and shiny. Since there are so few ingredients, you don’t want to skimp on the maple syrup. Go for the real stuff!
How to serve
You can also go vegan and serve it with this Instant Pot Lentils And Rice.
More Recipes with Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid
If you’re looking for more ways to use your new air fryer lid or similar appliance, we have tons of great recipes for you to try:
Can I take out the potatoes?
Sure. You can also try this Instant Pot Carrot Fries recipe.
Can I make this recipe using an air fryer?
Yes. You can also check this Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes recipe for full instructions
Can I make this recipe without the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid?
If you don't have one, this recipe won't work for you.
But don't feel too sad, because there are many delicious Instant Pot recipes you can make instead. If you’re still looking to make potatoes and carrots, try Instant Pot Carrots and Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes.
Instant Pot Potatoes and Carrots
- 1 lb carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 lb baby potatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- rosemary to taste
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, maple syrup, paprika, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add the potatoes and carrots to the bowl and mix well.
- Put the potatoes and carrots inside the Instant Pot.
- Cover with the air fryer lid and AIR FRY at 400 °F for 10 minutes
- Open the lid, Toss, and add rosemary to taste.
- Cover with the Air fryer lid and AIR FRY again at 400 °F for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and serve 🙂