Today we are gonna make a healthy Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip that is rich in protein.
This chicken dip will be a great choice for game day or a party appetizer.
As you already know the dip is made with chicken and the addition of hot sauce. You can use any hot sauce you can find or go with pre-made buffalo sauce. Whatever you choose you cannot go wrong.
What can I use instead of chicken breasts?
Chicken breasts are not mandatory for this Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip recipe.
You can use any part of the chicken as long as it is skinless and boneless.
What can I use Instead of cottage cheese?
For those who love tofu, you can blend the silken tofu and add to the Instant Pot. All these will work amazing in this chicken dip recipe.
Can I freeze the dip?
Yes, this Instant Pot Chicken Dip is freezable. To freeze the chicken buffalo dip, spread in an airtight container, cover with a lid or plastic wrap, and freeze for 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw the dip and reheat in a microwave.
How to make
Gather your ingredients:
Place the chicken breast in Instant Pot. Add water and cook the chicken for 12 minutes on High pressure. Perform a quick pressure release.
Shred the chicken or slice thinly.
Make the cheese mix by combining the hot sauce, cottage cheese, garlic and onion powder, cheddar, Greek yogurt, and dried parsley.
Place back the chicken into the Instant pot and add the cheese mixture.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 lb frozen chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¾ cup hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried dill optional
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- In the pot of Instant Pot, place the chicken breast and water.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, add the yogurt, cottage cheese, hot sauce, dried herbs, spices, salt and black pepper and pulse until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to broiler.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Remove the lid and drain the water from pot.
- Immediately with two forks pull the chicken or shred it.
- Select “Sauté” and stir in the cheese mixture.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Press “Cancel” and transfer the chicken mixture into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and broil for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with some extra hot sauce and serve.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂